The Greatest Black Metal Bands of All Time

Hahahahaha good one.

I remember the golden era when, if you wanted to kill musc, you had to rely on home taping. Ah, the sweet distortion of a 3rd rate German thrash band played through a 4th generation, cheap brand C90...

Nothing can touch that for the genuine feeling of the occult!

Carcassian said:
Hahahahaha good one.

I remember the golden era when, if you wanted to kill musc, you had to rely on home taping. Ah, the sweet distortion of a 3rd rate German thrash band played through a 4th generation, cheap brand C90...

Nothing can touch that for the genuine feeling of the occult!
:kickass:

ny75s8.jpg

Carcassian said:
Hahahahaha good one.

(Speaking of Canadians...this was in the news a while back)

A thieft apparently broke into a woman's house stealing just about everything he could get his hands on. Including a jewelry box, to which he obviously thought was full of precious valuables. However, to his surprise, it turned out to be the cremated remains of the woman's son. The next day, the thief found it in his heart to return the remains, by leaving them on her doorstop anonymously. What a nice guy, right? The woman was quite thankful actually.
:tickled:

I've been enjoying Lord Belial lot lately(first 2 cds came in the mail today). Older stuff is great older style BM and later is different but still cool for a more newer sound.

In the 'enter the moonlight gate' booklet the band says Fuck Off to Nisse.... of Sacrmanetum. I greatly enjoy Sacramentum so i'm curious what happened.

The Greys said:
I've been enjoying Lord Belial lot lately(first 2 cds came in the mail today). Older stuff is great older style BM and later is different but still cool for a more newer sound.
Lord Belial was probably the worst scandinavian band that I´ve ever seen live.
Maybe they just weren´t in form, but it was awful.

Majority of metal bands i've seen live are horrible or boring so I would not judge a 'metal' band in a live setting or even a rehersal practice which are boring to be apart off plus sound like shit. Metal bands live bore the shit out of me for the most part.

It's not exactly easy either to get good tone or sound when practicing with a drummer or people. Guitar tones on cds sound about half the volume of a rehersal or live sound. Half stacks start sounding like shit at a certain volume. Speakers start sounding like shit at a certain volume. Live is nothing but to much bass.

You might aswell have a type writer run through a PA with a bass player. If I ever go to another live show i'm bringing a pillow and a mattress.

Nothing is more boring when your favorite band plays 3,4 new song in arrow(if there new album sucks) MORBID ANGEL cough cough