The grind thread

CiG's Pointless '20 Best Grind of 2020' Post Nobody Will Care About:

8a32f6ff2aaa32f7730033170363503f5ebdfb8d.gifv

1. Gut - Disciples of Smut (once again the masters of perverted grind reinvent themselves, this time more of a return to Odour of Torture with some sprinkles of war metal influence)

2. Internal Rot - Grieving Birth (intense no bullshit in your face grindcore, the current pride of Australia)

3. Final Exit - ノイズの若大将 (Young Guy of Noize) (Japanese legends of making weird grinding surfing noisy funcore)

4. Houkago Grind Time - Bakyunsified (Moe to the Gore) (Andrew Lee of Ripped to Shreds infamy's retarded weebcore project with a bunch of cool guests, humorous but packs a fucking punch)

5. Bitch Meat - Posthumous Erotic Deviance (much more recent band out of Moscow, basically worshiping the sleazier side of death metal mixing it with twisted deathgrind, on this EP they cover a song from Acts of the Unspeakable which should tell you all you need to know)

Some appropriately perverse cover art too:
a2152904589_10.jpg

6. Blue Holocaust / Lysergic Rites of Sadopriest - Split (Lysergic Rites of Sadopriest are killer but for me this is all about Blue Holocaust, one French sicko keeping cannibal grind alive and well fed)

7. Depression - Ära der Finsternis (German deathgrind legends, what more does a grinder need to know?)

8. Disförijä - Priverstinis Gydymas (just a vicious fuzzy blasting Lithuanian deathgrind EP)

9. Tottal Tømming - Tankeskrekk (Norway is at its best when retarded white trash dudes make mongogrind, not fart-huffing black metal about wintery landscapes and satan)

10. Abortion - No Lives Matter (Slovakian grindcore offending everybody since 1989, this album came outta nowhere for me, good ol' Bizarre Leprous Prods delivering the goods as always)

11. Caustic Wound - Death Posture (heavy as FUCK American deathgrind, everybody that checks this one out loves it, features members of Fetid, Cerebral Rot, Mortiferum etc)

12. Ghoulhouse - Rigor Mortis Intermezzo (thanx to @Krow for this one, Rogga takes death/grind back to the g(l)ory days of Razorback Records)

13. Bowelfuck - Decades (punky grindcore at its best, just absolutely feral and hard-nosed, Czechia will always be the centre of the grindcore universe for me)

14. Purulent Spermcanal / Cannibe - The Family Gourmet (love this split mostly for the Purulent Spermcanal side, they're Czech gods in my eyes and one of the few bands consistently putting out splits worth hearing with their brand of Impetigo-worship, but Cannibe are cool too if you like raw tongue-in-cheek deathgrind)

15. Failed Treatment - Inevitable Failure of Brilliant Black Organs (disgusting old school goregrind played by one Japanese guy (Hagamoto!) and two Ukrainians)

Pierre from Blue Holocaust did the sick artwork:
a3006660413_10.jpg

16. Blue Holocaust - Feeding Fury (Feral Practices) (demo instrumentals recorded in 2017 in preparation for the Flesh for the Cannibal God album, which he recorded vocals for in 2020 and released it, I almost like this more!)

Even when just doing throw away art for his demo Pierre rules:
pxwWlXpmrdP.jpg

17. Pulsating Cerebral Slime - Gore (braindead French goregrind with pitchshifted vocals from hell)

18. Haggus - Straight From the Slaughterhaus (always excited when a band primarily putting out splits goes ahead and slaps together a full length, one of the best mincecore bands going right now!)

19. Pharmacist - Medical Renditions of Grinding Decomposition (Japanese goregrind with a focus on sick riffs)

20. Gruesome Stuff Relish / Offal - Unburied Repugnance (Brazilian deathgrind vs Spanish deathgrind, two awesome throwback bands that have both been on the Razorback Records roster, what more is needed!?)

Last edited:
internal rot is such a fucking good band, never knew they were australian
grieving birth is still available on vinyl and tape on their bandcamp, ill have to pick up the LP for sure
thanks for reminding me lol

Reactions: CiG

this is so brutal, love it so far

this is more like blackened grindviolence with some elements of screamo, also really cool