Grind

Because many of the bands, especially in the case of black metal, take it DEADLY serious. That's not a lighthearted tongue in cheek genre 95% of the time and hearing a gorgeous album then seeing dudes making scary faces with wacky paint and cliche fetish gear, and MEANING it, kinda tarnishes the experience.

I think you're just wrong but what do you even mean by bands being DEADLY serious about corpsepaint? Explain that please.

I like my music. Bands that are just having fun? I love that shit. There's a difference and I don't know how you didn't catch on to that.

Well I'm more intelligent than you and there is no difference tbh. Wolves, raping nuns, magic and corpsepaint = fun. Everybody knows that (hopefully). Did I not catch on something?? :( What is it please? :(

That response was pretty stupid overall. I should stop listening to music I love because I don't like the overdone theatrics? What? That's like saying I should stop watching my favorite tv show because I don't like that the main actors are in a different political party than me.

I try not to read up on actors politics, and I don't dive into metal bands and their goofy makeup.

Ugh. Well thank you for an analogy.

Okay I'll try to explain this slowly...

Bands like Squash Bowels or Rompeprop are tongue in cheek to a large extent. They're heavy as all hell, but not entirely serious. The music has a kind of ironic humor quality to it at times. If they were to come out wearing condoms and clown outfits, it would fit. The music has a kind of madcap mania to it.

When you listen to Leviathan, Xasthur, those kinda bands... it's not done with any kind of ironic humor to it. The music is jet black and deadly serious. The corpse paint and spiked gauntlets then just look goofy. It's a silly image on top of VERY bleak and dramatic music. I don't like the contrast.

Now, take a band like Immortal or Watain, who are intentionally over-the-top and theatrical. Now we're fine again! No complaints there.

But here's the take home (although as a Mensa scholar you obviously know this already...), I -personally- am not a huge fan of the corpse paint and leather outfits. I just don't like it. It's not objectively bad, I just dislike it. However, I love the music! So... I'm pretty sure I can sit, spin an album by Totalselfhatred or Circle of Dead Children, and not give a shit about what they look like. I'm just enjoying the MUSIC.

How about Arghoslent? You like them despite the racism? Can you enjoy Burzum while kind of ignoring his white supremacy? Then you can understand how I can enjoy metal that has absurd imagery that would otherwise make me roll my eyes.

Ya think you can follow that, Sparky?

LOL, there's nothing that needs eliminated. I still love all these albums, I'm just not a fan of the theatrics for SOME of them. I dunno, I think corpse paint and blowing fire is kinda silly. Doesn't mean I won't listen to the music.

I overstated it by saying I "avoid looking at pictures". I just mean it's not a big draw for me. And c'mon, when you're talking goregrind if they AREN'T running around on stage half naked covered in animal organs then that's not the full show is it? :D

The only thing worse then their band names is the quality of the music.

I overstated it by saying I "avoid looking at pictures".

What do you do when you`re watching black metal bands perform live then? Only looking at the crowd? Haha...Celebrate Your Inner Demons! I understand what you are saying, but corpsepaint can look fuckin awsome though:

28907_photo.jpg

What do you do when you`re watching black metal bands perform live then? Only looking at the crowd? Haha...Celebrate Your Inner Demons! I understand what you are saying, but corpsepaint can look fuckin awsome though:

28907_photo.jpg

I don't see many BM bands live. For most, I don't think I'd want to. If it's a "bang your head and mosh" band, then the live show is awesome. My way of listening to a lot of black metal is more meditative and it'd feel odd to be in a big screaming crowd for it.

Again, Watain excepted because damn.

^^^ That corpsepaint is just straight away comical. Carach Angren is a bunch of fucking clowns. Their music is also a shitty theatrical crap for scenester metal kidzz. Really awkward altogether. :(

EDIT: I suppose we should just talk about grind. :oops:

Just found out about these grindfreaks from France, Unsu. Heres a music video from their EP The Filthy released this year. Shit sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator:

28907_photo.jpg

They probably push each other's shit in.

How bout this for a band name? Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis ... :lol:

Their album where the art is some nasty picture of somethings ribcage being opened is actually okay.

So Skullhog pretty quietly released their first album on Mortician's record label. Since ditching the Bile moniker they also ditched the pitchshifted gurgles and have a bit closer to traditional extreme metal vocals. The album is very short which stinks, but it's still very nice.

Here's Bile, if you hadnt heard camp blood before (and shame on you)
One of the nastiest, downtuned sludgefilled pieces of music of all time:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth was a good fucking vocalist, I don't care what you say. His lows are pretty good.

Despite what a lot of people feel about their music, I like Anal Cunt. Im pretty stoked I was able to catch them live before Seth died.

So Skullhog pretty quietly released their first album on Mortician's record label. Since ditching the Bile moniker they also ditched the pitchshifted gurgles and have a bit closer to traditional extreme metal vocals. The album is very short which stinks, but it's still very nice.

Here's Bile, if you hadnt heard camp blood before (and shame on you)
One of the nastiest, downtuned sludgefilled pieces of music of all time

I remember you mentioning Bile awhile ago. Camp Blood is a solid album.

But, I couldnt get into their new sound with Skullhog...I prefer the lower, filthier, gurgly sound of Bile. Shits filthy.

Prophecy of Doom's first cd is pretty excellent old school Death/Grind and worth checking out. Kinda obscure despite being on Earache. I'm pretty sure they're on the grindcore documentary vhs/dvd.

Here's my band, we're not pure Grind, we're a Death/Thrash band with Grindcore elements, hope you guys give it a listen, here's the ad/promo our label made for us:

http://hpgd.comoj.com/store/hpgd050.html

http://youtu.be/XBw2Uu-yrIM

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions has signed Death/Thrash Metal maniacs TERMINATION FORCE and will release their album "Grind Thrashing Death" on CD format July 31st. Below is the official description:

Prepare for Grind Thrashing Death! Termination Force hail from Houston Texas and and unleash pure fury, attitude and aggression on their debut album for Horror Pain Gore Death Productions. Ripping riffs, chaotic drumming and violent vocals result in an all out assault of intensity that is relentless, brutal and lethal. This album is an essential release for all fans of old school Grindcore, Thrash Metal and Death Metal! Recommended if you like Carcass, Death, Demolition Hammer, Devastation, Exhumed, Impaled, Kreator, Morbid Saint, Napalm Death, Repulsion, Sepultura and Terrorizer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhmjMsO[/ame] ... ata_player

Here's another track from my band that's on the album, just in case some of you wondered what our other songs sounded like, it's a live version. This is from last week when we had our CD release show, we also opened up for Deceased that night

I'm not really interested in all these new goregrind bands and shit but...are there any old grind bands that you guys consider as essential as these I've been listening to? Only been listening to:

Terrorizer
Repulsion
Carcass
Blood
Carbonized
Napalm Death

Excruciating Terror
P.L.F
Insect Warefare
Phobia
Nasghul

These are some cool ones in my opinion, some older, some newer

I'm not really interested in all these new goregrind bands and shit but...are there any old grind bands that you guys consider as essential as these I've been listening to? Only been listening to:

Terrorizer
Repulsion
Carcass
Blood
Carbonized
Napalm Death