Grind

I always thought powerviolence was closer to punk than crust punk. Grind is alright. I find it to be boring though, so it's not my forte.

I always thought powerviolence was closer to punk than crust punk. Grind is alright. I find it to be boring though, so it's not my forte.

Listen to World Downfall by Terrorizer. The drumming is incredible and the songs just rip you into shreds. The best grind album of all time for sure, and it was recorded and mixed in 8 hours.

I just can't get into it, man. Appreciate the recommendation though. Terrorizer at least looks like some cool dudes.

In the world of more underground grind, the 2011 Needful Things album is an asskicker and gets me pumped to see them Thursday at MDF. They'll definitely be the grind band to keep an eye out for that weekend. Another good one playing is Looking for an Answer, whose Eterno Treblinka definitely counts as a dose of excellent death-grind (also from 2011).

RE: Squash Bowels, the new album has entered recording phases iirc and will be called Grindcoholism. They are an awesome band and great fun live so I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm sure it won't touch The Mass Rotting... The Mass Sickening or No Mercy, two of the best grind albums ever.

I need to get my hands on Tentacles of Influence shit is killer. I have two splits of theirs one with Lycanthropy and the other with Wadge. They also have a 7" with Squash Bowels that Im keeping an eye out for. Speaking of SB, Im stoked as shit to hear they have a new record coming out. I was hoping they would be the MDF replacement for TDEBN, but werent lol

Im pretty happy with MDF's grind lineup. Nasum, Napalm Death, Needful Things, Looking For An Answer, Haemorrhage, Die Pigeon Die, Nashgul, Bloody Phoenix and Agents of Abhorrence. Shit's sweet.

Squash Bowels is comin' out with a new one? Sexcellent. Grindvirus is one of my favorites of the style.

I have it. It's beast. I dunno if it's better than Relentless, but I love it all the same. Phobia's definitely a favorite of mine. No fucking around, no prog bullshit, just grinding to fuck.

Side note: am I the only person who isn't a HUGE fan of Napalm Death? I like 'em, but I don't get why everything they release ends up on AOTY lists.

No, will have to.

Loving the new Torch Runner though.

Best grind album of the year for me so far. Shit is fucking nuts. :kickass:

I have it. It's beast. I dunno if it's better than Relentless, but I love it all the same. Phobia's definitely a favorite of mine. No fucking around, no prog bullshit, just grinding to fuck.

Side note: am I the only person who isn't a HUGE fan of Napalm Death? I like 'em, but I don't get why everything they release ends up on AOTY lists.

Yeah Phobia is up there for me too. As far as Napalm Death goes, I was obsessed with their first 3 albums when I first got into Grind, because its fucking Napalm Death...But once I started getting more educated on the genre they slowly faded out of my playlists...They will always be remembered as a stepping stone into getting me into Grindcore. Nothing more.

Agreed. I mean, right now, I'm blasting Maruta and Fuck the Facts, and I'd way rather either of them than ND, even though I recognize that they are legends in the genre.

Admittedly, it was Pig Destroyer that got me into grind. I heard Terrifyer for the first time and was seriously blown away at the whole idea behind the sound. This notion of noisy, loud, almost incomprehensible noise. I don't listen to much P:rofl:x any more, but they were my intro.

Pig Destroyer was another first for me too. Theyve stuck with me though, and probably always will. Fucking monoliths. Prowler In The Yard? Are you fucking kidding me? Legendary. Definitely in my top 5 grindcore albums.

As a side note about Pig Destroyer, word on the street is that they are recording a new album <3 Fucking rad.