Grind

Onder

Apr 10, 2006
This thread is a result of feeling lack of a regular grind thread multiple times. I know that there have been some threads aimed at this but they came out too fucking stupid to bump because of either stupid/uneducated subgenre discussing or fags ruining it (or creating it) so this thread shall be about all kinds of grind without difference(i.e. NOT about deathcore!!). I am myself just getting into it lately and therefore I would like to achieve some 'intellingent' discussion alike other genres threads.

Lately I was finally exploring the Czech grind scene and I was very satisfied with Cerebral Turbulency's latest as it's pretty entertaining and not just brutal to the floor. Also Ahumado Granujo's works, which have some electronic interludes that may be a pain in the ass for some but I'm actually ok with them. I came to a conclusion that Czech grind's connecting factor is entertainment and not just narrow grinding and I'm really keen of that.

In other news, I have found great Brutal Death/Grindcore (that's what they write on MA, to me it sounds like goregrind tbh) band called Die Pigeon Die. Their only cd has 17 minutes, but is totally crushing, definately recommended and if you know something in the veins of this, I'm listening.

This thread go.

Hmm...the new Napalm Death is pretty good. I don't really listen to any grind so maybe when this thread gets going I will be able to explore the genre.

I've been meaning to explore grind as it's the one genre I've really overlooked so far. I know early Napalm Death and Carcass are good starting points, but what are some other bands I should check out?

Goregrind is some of my favorite stuff outlying strict "extreme metal" canon.

Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition
Negligent Collateral Collapse/Eardelete
Neuro-Visceral Exhumation
Jig-Ai
Catasexual Urge Motivation
Dead Infection
Gored (one of the best upcoming bands; keep an eye out)
Stickoxydal
Last Days Of Humanity
Lymphatic Phlegm (GODS)
Blue Holocaust

As for non-goregrind, I like a lot of this stuff too:

Alien Crucifixion
Contrastic
Terrorizer
Watchmaker
Gridlink/Discordance Axis
Mindflair
Captain Cleanoff
Assück

I've been meaning to explore grind as it's the one genre I've really overlooked so far. I know early Napalm Death and Carcass are good starting points, but what are some other bands I should check out?

Repulsion, Terrorizer or Assuck are legendary to the genre and still a good point to start because they're on border with deathmetal.

I can't listen to their newer shit, it really does suck compared to PITY, which is hands-down one of the best modern grindcore albums.

Goregrind is some of my favorite stuff outlying strict "extreme metal" canon.

Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition
Negligent Collateral Collapse/Eardelete
Neuro-Visceral Exhumation
Jig-Ai
Catasexual Urge Motivation
Dead Infection
Gored (one of the best upcoming bands; keep an eye out)
Stickoxydal
Last Days Of Humanity
Lymphatic Phlegm (GODS)
Blue Holocaust

Yep I've played NCC a lot lately, another great Czech grind. Out of those I didn't know, I'm now listening to Blue Holocaust and I like it a lot, also, Gored's mypsace sounds tight, good recs buddy. Did you know/check Die Pigeon Die? What do you think?

I honestly have never heard of most of those bands V5. I know of Assuck, Repulsion, Napalm Death, Pig Destroyer, Carcass, Catasexual Urge Motivation, and that's about it.

Picked up Terrorizer's World Downfall the other day and love it. First thing I thought was 'that drumming is ridiculously tight' and then found out it was Pete fucking Sandoval.

I've always been turned off by grind because of the stupid gore imagery, but the traditional stuff which is closer to hardcore I enjoy, as I'm a hardcore fan from way back.

This covers genres ranging from straight-up grindcore, goregrind, and powerviolence.

Repulsion
Terrorizer
Phobia
Dropdead
Birdflesh
Blood Freak (first album)
Assück
Despise You
Napalm Death
Gigantic Brain
Capitalist Casualties
Anal Cunt

This covers genres ranging from straight-up grindcore, goregrind, and powerviolence.

Repulsion
Terrorizer
Phobia
Dropdead
Birdflesh
Blood Freak (first album)
Assück
Despise You
Napalm Death
Gigantic Brain
Capitalist Casualties
Anal Cunt

Add Skitsystem to your list and I'd agree 100% with you. :)

Well if we're gonna include crust bands then weee. My list can now be like 3000190823717 times as longer, making me awesome.