The 'Grow HUGE Viking Beards' Thread.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
To the men of the Woods board:

I encourage you all men to grow HUGE beards whenever possible (FACT - we all know that women love beards!), but I'd also like to increase your awareness and acceptance of the fact that sometimes you do have to shave off your majestic Viking beards for 'The Man' (for ‘professional’ or ‘career' reasons), and/or sometimes for your own rational benefit (personal or social reasons, example: "I've had a huge beard on my face for too long and now I need a change" or "People seem affraid of me as if they think I'm ready to fuck shit up everywhere I go!" etc...).

This was my latest beard, grown since September 2006. It was a pretty good five month beard. I shaved it off on the night after the Moonsorrow/Woods of Ypres show last week. I grow beards for the sole purpose of having a beard when we do promotional band photos and play live because beards are awesome but every now and then I need to shave it off for work related reasons. Now, I will remain beardless until the fall, when it will start all over again. Thus is the WoY cycle of beard growing.

My photos:

beard1.JPG

beard2.JPG

beard3.JPG

beard4.JPG

beard5.JPG

beard6.JPG

beard7.JPG

GROW A HUGE VIKING BEARD AND POST IT HERE!!! :kickass:

Reactions: Demilich
I haven't had a beard and it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. However, if it shall happen, I'll probably grow it like Gandalf.

Also David, you remind of Varg for some strange reason.

300px-Vargburzumorg.jpg

Beards are awesome! Heres mine:

mike-0107.jpg

Last time I was totally clean shaven was June.(I had the chin beard leprachaun thing for awhile but am growing the full thing back.) I have to admit, one thing I do like about my job is that I can get away with having a beard like this. :kickass:

lol this thread rocks, i wish i could grow some facial hair, im such a baby face! Anyway if i could grow a beard I would groom it to look like this:

bill2.jpg

I had a big beard for a while in the summer but now it has been cut back to a more reserved level for the sake of those around me. I mean, it would be unfair to allow the awesomeness of my huge flaming red beard to make everybody feel inferior all the time... so I let it go.

i try to grow a bread but always shave it off after a couple of weeks as its a pain to take care of and also my rents get on my case to shave it off.
Haven't shaved in a little over a week now..might post pics of it later

This was me in october so its considerably bigger now but im the one on the far right who looks like he was photoshopped into the pic. And i realize its not nearly as epic and viking as some other beards here but im 16, thats what I get.

party.jpg

:lol: I was thinking the same thing... if my mom walks in and I'm reading a thread that contains a series of pics of some shirtless, long-haired dude in the process of shaving, she might wonder what exactly was coming up next :erk: