the hardest shit I ever produced, mixed and mastered

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
this is my new band. We uploaded all 7 songs of the upcoming ep on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/iamrevengehc

everything is real.
Guitars are dual tracked
Ibanez Mick tompson signature->ibanez ts7->6505->mesa OS->audient preamp->metric halo AD

drums are a 3k custom acryl set. Kick is triggered (samples from slate and Lasse and my own) snare is triggered (50% blend) but I only used the samples I took from the real snare, can post them if you want.
Toms are 100% untriggered and as real as it gets

bass was a nice ibanez 5 string into audient pre->podfarm

vocals are single tracked rode nt2a->audient pre

gangshouts dont have ANY reverb on it.
Its just my 50qm new tracking room

everything was mixed with VCC and 4xoversampling into my SSL clone hardware comp. Hitting 4-8 dB of compression all the time

I tried to get the sound somewhere between bury your dead (beauty and the breakdown / cover your tracks) and hatebreeds persiverance.

let me know what you think, nothing can be changed though.

release (and free download) will be may the 21th. If you want I can hook you guys up with the link, when its out.

hit me up with any question

sounds really nice overall to me, but Im not a huge fan of the snare...sounds a bit squashed, and the roomsound/reverb is a lot louder on the left side on some hits...distracts me quite a bit (listening to unrated right now).
the snare's stereo image sounds a bit fucked up that way

guitars work great tho & I like the bass grind...vocals and toms could also be quite a bit louder imo

my .02c, even if nothing is going to be changed anymore :)

sounds really nice overall to me, but Im not a huge fan of the snare...sounds a bit squashed, and the roomsound/reverb is a lot louder on the left side on some hits...distracts me quite a bit (listening to unrated right now).
the snare's stereo image sounds a bit fucked up that way

guitars work great tho & I like the bass grind...vocals and toms could also be quite a bit louder imo

my .02c, even if nothing is going to be changed anymore :)

the snare thing comming from the heavy compression but I didnt want to back off because the high compression makes all the sound...

next time I only use mono samples (used closed mic´d and Oh snare samples I made from the drummers kit) with such high compression