The Haunted

shivering corpse

Ty Cobbb
Sep 20, 2002
smileville
www.geocities.com
I was wondering what you guys think of the Haunted. I don't have any of their albums, though I have always considered getting one by them.
I've heard a few of their songs, very aggressive, and I thought some were good, and others just so-so.
I was wondering if any of you are fans of them and what you think of them/which album is their best, etc.

They're alright. To me, they seem like one of the most Slayer-sounding bands since Slayer. But in their own way, of course...they've adopted their own little "sound."

It's one of those bands where you don't find much variety in the music, but it's good fun times. I actually think I like "One Kill Wonder," the newest one, the most. The first 2 are solid as well.

They're good, solid all around, but I don't pull out their disc (H Made Me Do It) too often, since it's nothing exicitingly new. I can get the same thrash riffology and intensity from other bands who also have more melody, variety, technicality, and originality. Still, I'm looking forward to hearing their new one.

Total Slayer rip-off. I'm not saying that it's bad....IT RULES...well, sort of...I've bought "The Haunted" and it owns, also sort of...It's a good listening if you're into headbanging, blastbeats, double bassdrums...crunched fast riffs...etc...not too bad, considering the actual state of affairs in the music world...

ya..they don't sound like a weenie...they're tons of times more agressive than Mr. Araya(I respect the man...but he sounds queer singing like that..)

Originally posted by squeegee your third eye
They're good, solid all around, but I don't pull out their disc (H Made Me Do It) too often, since it's nothing exicitingly new. I can get the same thrash riffology and intensity from other bands who also have more melody, variety, technicality, and originality. Still, I'm looking forward to hearing their new one.

Can you name me some that I can check out?

Originally posted by Mammon
Can you name me some that I can check out?

Sure, though, I'm hardly an expert. I'm more of a late-80's thrash man myself, but I'm really digging the Goethenburg bands. It's just this last year I've been catching up on the last decade's new metal after a few years of neglect. Recent aquisitions that I listen to more than the Haunted: the old band of guitarist and bass player At the Gates "Slaughter of the Soul", Soilwork's & Dark Tranquillity's latest, mid-period In Flames. And IMO, the lords of low-frills thrash & speed is Kreator. I like theor whole catalogue, but their latest "Violent Revolution,"with dazzling Andy Sneap production, is a masterpiece of its genre IMO. Slayer wish they could play like these guys.

Just picked up Arcturus but haven't gotten into it yet.

the new The Haunted "One Kill Wonder" is fucking amazing.

no bullshit, speedy, agressive Swedish death/thrash.

and I don't know how people can say that they are unoriginal when as members of At The Gates they pretty much invented the whole Gothenberg sound.

Originally posted by azal

and I don't know how people can say that they are unoriginal when as members of At The Gates they pretty much invented the whole Gothenberg sound.

True, but that just means that At the Gates were original (and fantastic, man Slaughter slays), but not the Haunted, who should be judged by their output now, not the output of members' former band. Anyway, I still think Haunted are excellent, just not original. But I've yet to hear One Kill.