The Heaviest Fucking Metal Band

Vital Remains

Just a Man
Oct 12, 2005
In a big building
First of all i dont care if the thread title sounds overused or cheesy, or completely unoriginal. Tell me what metal bands you think are more heavy, loud, and intimidating than all other metal bands.

For me.... Cryptopsy. You cant understand a word that mother fucker says he growls so fucking hard, and the guitar riffs are completely of the wall and fucked up. It reminds me of white noise on blank T.V. channels.

vr

bolt thrower is really fucking heavy. So is behemoth. But eh all of that shit is pretty questionable, I just named those off of the top of my head.

I think Brodequin pretty much owns every band as far as brutality. I can listen to brutal and tech DM albums back to back for hours, but once in awhile, getting through Brodequin is a struggle.

i don't think there is one heaviest band because heaviness can be relative and one band that is really heavy to one person is not heavy to another because person B knows more bands than person A and a person C can know even more bands that are heavier and considering the amount of old metal bands and newer metal bands heavier bands will keep coming and it is an infinite cycle because there is no one heaviest band

The posts so far seem to associate Heaviness with a degree of brutaility, personally I do not think brutality and heaviness have much to do with each other. Heaviness for me is something slow and crushing, so I would consider doom the heaviest genre or perhaps some old school DM. As for bands, I'm not sure, perhaps Miasma, they have some extremely heavy songs.

Heaviest metal albums.

Cathedral-forest of equilibrium
Evoken-embrace the emptiness
Solitude Aeturnus-adagio,through the darknest hour... any
Amorphis-the karelian isthmus,tales from the thousand lakes
Black Sabbath-master of reality
God Macabre-the winterlong
Opeth-my arms,your hearse
Demigod-slumber of sullen eyes
My Dying Bride-as the flower withers
Disembowelment-transcendence into the peripheral
Theatre of Tragedy-velvet darkness they fear