Name bands that play HEAVY FUCKING METAL

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
Nothing much interests me any more, musically. I usually just buy new stuff from bands that I like and with a proven track record.

All these new types of metal do not impress me. Stuff I enjoy these days has the spirit of old, such as The Chasm and Destroyer 666, but may add a flair of their own. They keep it fairly simple, brutal, and stay true to spikes, leather, jeans and scream "Heavy Fucking Metal Thunder".

Tell me some more bands like this. Yes, I know Iron Maiden will be mentioned, so we an forego them for now. And no, Opeth is not Heavy Fucking Metal.

Convince me to get some Slough Feg or something.

I almost mentioned Morrigan, but thought someone would just call them a Bathory clone. Megiddo came to mind as well, very old schoolish sounding. I wish they'd release something new.

What's Tearstained?

i heard SABBAT from Japan is like that ... but never heard them ... any samples?

Slough Feg is the only traditional HEAVY FAWKIN METHULL band that I truly enjoy, they have that certain special something about them.

Powerslave is cool, most other Maiden is pretty meh for me.

That's really about it when it comes to trad heavy metal for me, unless you count old thrash (and then only bands I knew back then really).

It's not really about "trad heavy metal" tho NAD, it's about bands with a HEAVY FUCKING METAL mentality, i.e. leather, spikes, blood, fire, death and riffs up the throat. You know, heavy metal the way it was meant to be played. Megiddo is black metal, Kreator is thrash, and so forth, but they all have that in common

Also J, Tearstained is kinda like a mixture between old Bathory and Mercyful Fate. The falsetto vocals will probably put you off.

OIC. I always thought the leather and bikes thing was a bit fruity, to be honest. :p

Riffs up the throat I'm down for though.

The Chasm, Sabbat, and Watchmaker are going to be playing a show in Boston sometime soon.

I just saw that at the Watchmaker site.

Oh . . . and there's a lot of stuff on the Bestial Onslaught label that might intereste you, J.

matt99_crew said:

Do what this guy says! Their most recent album is called "Cryptobeast", if you haven't heard it, it's all about all the fucking things you mentioned.

Also, since Décadent hasn't popped into the thread yet, I'll just mention a little band from 'round my parts who FUCKING EATS, BREATHES AND BLEEDS HEAVY FUCKING METAL. They're called Goat Horn, and their album "Storming the Gates", though recorded in 2003, is damn near a fucking classic... maybe just to me, but check em out anyway.

Goat Horn - Right Heavy Metal: (from their 2005 demo/EP, "Threatening Force") Words of wisdom: don't take the vocals too seriously, and they're not usually this trad-metal sounding, usually they toss in a bit of doom, some thrash, and some black metal kinda screams, with awesome results. I love 'em either way.

http://www.goathorn.com/mp3s/Goat_Horn_-_Right_Heavy_Metal.mp3

just look at these fuckers :lol:

ghlive13.jpg

i was at that show...man, it was fucking AWESOME

Demilich said:
Also, since Décadent hasn't popped into the thread yet, I'll just mention a little band from 'round my parts who FUCKING EATS, BREATHES AND BLEEDS HEAVY FUCKING METAL. They're called Goat Horn, and their album "Storming the Gates", though recorded in 2003, is damn near a fucking classic... maybe just to me, but check em out anyway.

Do what this man says.