The Heaviest Fucking Metal Band

Nile is quite fucking heavy :kickass: and they have veerryyy good songs that you can follow along and I absolutely love how they use egyptian styles in their music

theres defintely heavier, havent heard any suffocation yet, but ill get on that as soon as i can :) :kickass:

Nile is quite fucking heavy :kickass: and they have veerryyy good songs that you can follow along and I absolutely love how they use egyptian styles in their music

theres defintely heavier, havent heard any suffocation yet, but ill get on that as soon as i can :) :kickass:
Speaking of Nile, does anyone else here find Annihilation of the Wicked to be their best album? It's not their heaviest, but IMO it is their best. Nile has always also thrown in some songs that aren't that heavy, like Sacrophagus (which is a great song, btw).

If this were the 80's, I think Consuming Impulse-era Pestilence would be the heaviest metal act around. Hell, it remains one of the heaviest albums today (as in thick, crushing guitar tone)... I just mentioned this in the "discuss music you like thread" too. :)

I would say it was one of, if not THE the most extreme albums of the 80's, but as I've mentioned numerous times, extremity does not equate to heaviness imo. There are several trad. doom albums as well as a few death metal albums from the 80's I would consider heavier (Autopsy - Severed Survival, Obituary - Slowly We Rot)

If this were the 80's, I think Consuming Impulse-era Pestilence would be the heaviest metal act around. Hell, it remains one of the heaviest albums today (as in thick, crushing guitar tone)... I just mentioned this in the "discuss music you like thread" too. :)
I think that Consuming Impulse is stylistically a lot like the first two Asphyx albums. So yes, it is fucking heavy.

Black Sabbath-children of the grave

2:20

this part is ten times more heavy than crap like Nile.

Bolt Thrower-the fourth crusade. How the hell do people get their guitars to sound like this ?