the heterosexual "How do you take care of your hair?" thread

vikk

Nov 29, 2005
i use this:

HCa9_1.jpg
HCa9_2.jpg

Loreal Elseve Shampoo and Conditioner Nutri-Gloss, for long hairs without energy. It makes my hair shiny and comfy :oops:

(note to fags who cut their hair: get the fuck out with yours "it's more practical mommy i can't handle how complicated is to wash a hair")

I use

b12-gelatine-shampoo.jpg
and
vit-b12-gelatin-conditioner.jpg

Though i fail at attending to my hair as i havent cut the ends for years, so its all frizzy and ghey :( I havent gotten around to getting it cut as i want it layered/leveled something, i hate that straight line cut look, and i'll rather look like an ass than do that myself, haha. I know a hairdressergurl that i'm gonna pester into giving me a decent cut though.

Oh and i ONLY brush my hair before i shower, never outside of that.

forgot to mention that i wash every-other-day, as my Derm recommended me, and brush once after shower, and another wen it's dry

Really? after shower?

I was told that was like >8( death because water(APPARENTLY i havent read a scientific report on this, just going by what angry haircutters tell me) makes hair loose like 50% or so of its stretchability, so it breaks waaaay easier after showering.

I should probably go for one after its dried too though, as it can start rolling up inside itself and go all >8(

Sante_Shampoo_Brillant_Jojoba.jpg
724853_1_No_Perfume_Conditioner_Urt.jpg
bionacoconutoil.jpg

I only use shampoo without sulfates and conditioner without silicones and stick with natural products (exception being hair styling products). Just a little bit coconut oil gives nice shine and healthy look when rubbed into dry hair. I only brush dry hair, I try to avoid blow drying and I never color my hair (but that's more because of my allergies than hair care).

I only brush dry hair, I try to avoid blow drying and I never color my hair (but that's more because of my allergies than hair care).

Same here, though i don't have allergies though.. I have kinda wavey hair, and a fuckloads of it, i cant really imagine anything but my natural color on me. I think it would look reaaaally weird, unless i started working with all that goo people stuff in their hair, goo and straighteners.. Not for me :lol:

i brush after shower, because it gets too fucking messy, my hair is a bit wavy also.

Used to use that, but now I use Mercadona's (big supermarket chain that has it's own line of products) shampoo and conditioner. It's good. I brush my hair when I wake up, after the shower, when I go to bed and when I'm back home from going out because it stinks from smoke and stuff and I prefer to brush it before I go to bed. I need the morning and night brushes because if not my hair is a total fucking mess.

large_shampoo2.png

Now, one thing i've noticed amongst metalfags, is that it's very common to see people with their hair tied back in like a ponytail about 99% of the time, some even have it like that at concerts.

Why?

Why the fuck grow hair if you're just gonna hide it behind your head like its not there? I seriously dont get this :lol:
I ONLY tie my hair back if i'm working inside a engine or if i'm in uniform/suit or shit like that..
Some guy i know said its because he gets REALLY hot behind his neck, hot and sweaty, i've never experienced this..

What are your guys view on this? How do you keep your hair?

Every time I buy shampoo and conditioner I change the product. It seems to be more effective that way. Right now I'm on one of my favorites. Garnier Fructis- Sleak & Shine haha. I also put a leave in conditioner in after pretty much every shower, and I only brush my hair after I shower 'cause otherwise it's too difficult to get the brush through. And I condition the shit out of it. I generally go through a bottle of conditioner twice as fast as a bottle of shampoo.

As far as how often I tie it back, I just tie it back if I'm working on something or if it's really fucking hot. 'Cause I do get whatever Muffin's friend was talking about. But only if it's real hot out.

Also, as many have said, I have sort of wavy hair and I wish it was straighter. And mine gets fluffy... Like it is flat against my head but expands out by the time it gets to my shoulders so sometimes it looks like I have a ghey pyramid hat on my head. Also, I'm terrified of going bald, so I'm probably gonna start taking Rogaine as a preventative soon, haha.

I've actually grown so used to my hair being wavy, that i think i'd decline a opportunity to have it dead straight at this point.

Then again, i havent cut my hair in 5 years, which probably makes it easier to have when wavey, it just stays in plays and doesnt go all springy and up in ma grillz, it's pretty long now, so having it wavey is no bother at all.

Heck, it's like its got personality :p

And i dont know why im posting so much in this thread D: I think it's cause i NEVER EVER get to talk about hair shit with other guys :lol:
Having friends is for poseurs :kickass: