The history Lord Of Delusions requested etc

Kerry,

Your family has a great military history! You can be proud of your heritage that's for sure. I salute both your father (Semper Fi!) and your grandfather! I have met a lot of WWII vets and I am in awe. They are brave men no question about it! This of course goes to Vietnam Vets as well, but I hold a special place for WWII vets because their arent that many of them left so meeting one is a real treasure. I get to meet them when I go to the Airborne Awards in Atlanta each year.

I was in B co 2/508 82nd Airborne. I spent most of my time as an M-60 gunner and my last few months as a door gunner on a blackhawk. I was in Infantry School when Grenada happened so although my whole unit went, I did not.

RoboCaster,

Your grandfather was killed in WWI??? How is that possible? How old are you? I am 40 and my Grandfather was too YOUNG to have participated in WWI. WWI ended on November 11, 1918!

That would be my Great Grandfather, he had no son, I don't know how my other Grandfather survived WWII, I think he was in with 20 million other Americans.

Archmagician said:
So are you coming shooting with us? :D

Well, I would but I actually put the shotgun near by my bed within arm’s reach, just incase the aliens came back,hee,hee, yea, but it wouldn’t be effective against them anyway, and not only that they’re here to help, I can sense it, hee, hee oh yea!; otherwise, we would already be subjugated, right?

Archmagician
I had a feeling you were 82nd, Fort Bragg an all.
Yep I tried out for thr navy but they didn't want me due to a kidney problem I had when I was four. Oh well their loss I was going to try out for special warfare be a life taker and heart breaker. Well all I got was my own heart broke and the "I wonder if I could have made it" syndrom
Well I guess I'm there for the shoot. I'm bringin my wing master with the El Centro mud on it.
Kerry

Holy Cow!!!

Are you an Army Bratt then? :D

Do you miss Fayettenam? LOL

I was there two years ago for a reunion for my battalion and also for All American week. Had a blast visiting all the young troopers!

Here are pictures of me when I wasn't old and fat:
old_army_pic.jpg

petepic.jpg

Thanks!

I was never Ranger qualified though. I tried hard to get into Ranger School but my !@#$%^&* commander didnt sign off on the paperwork. :devil:

My big platoon daddy was an RI (Ranger Instructor) and wanted me to go. He told me that he figured I had a good shot at making it. He gave me the PT test and the Combat Water Swim Test but when it came time for my CO to sign the paperwork he didnt. Its part of the reason why I didnt re-enlist.

At the end of this month one of my buddies is an RI and he is going to give me a tour of the Benning phase of Ranger School. I am really looking forward to that. Perhaps I am a sadist but I will love seeing those troopers getting smoked in Bennings School for Wayward Boys. :heh:

Secretly though, I will be wishing that I was there with them. :cry:

Here are some HOOAH pics of troops going through RS:
RangersInMuddyWater.jpg
RangersRunning.jpg
RangersClimbing.jpg

When I get to heaven
Saint Peter's gonna say
How'd you earn your livin boy?
how'd you earn your pay?
And I'd reply
with a whole lotta anger.
Earned my livin as an Airborne Ranger
Blood, guts, sex, and danger,
That's the life of an Airborne Ranger.

I thought I fouled up when I remember you saying you were training during Grenada. I was watching it on TV when it was over. Wished I was there too.

Sadist...? No you're not. There are only a select few that have the courage, strength, devotion, dedication, and just plain ol desire to be a warrior. The public eye wants you to have compasion for your enemy. your instructor wants you to be compasion-less. It's the way you were trained. Face it All the elite units in the military are made up of people that really and truly want to go to war. They dream of it, they can taste it. It's in thier blood. I myself would not go to war with anyone who didn't want to be there. I want to be there And I don't have time to babysit someone that doesn't want to be there. That's why you went to Airborne school, To weed out the weak. And it's the same reasons why I get pissed at MEPS for not letting me through.

Kerry,

Good post!

I invite you to log on to this website:
http://www.usparatroopers.org

Create a login and then place an intro post in this forum:
Replacement Detachment- DEPs, Wannabes, Civilians

You will find some really cool people to talk to there and a lot of them will be like-minded! Also, a few of them are over in the little sandbox and the big sandbox so you always get a good idea of whats going on over there.

My handle there is ParaPete...

A little fore-warning, they can be tough on newcomers...just be humble and tough it out...they dont like the weak. LOL!

Archmagician said:
A little fore-warning, they can be tough on newcomers...just be humble and tough it out...they dont like the weak. LOL!

What?? you mean I have to Prove myself to these guy's? Gee what a concept.(note sarcasim) It's wouldn't be an Elite BBS if they didn't make you pass muster.

Kerry

You dont have to prove anything....just dont try to be something you're not. That is the biggest problem we get on that board, people trying to claim shit that they havent earned. We call them posers, and they get busted out REALLY quickly. :)

BTW, the board is down now, having some technical difficulty. I am sure they will get it back up today sometime.

Archmagician said:
You dont have to prove anything....just dont try to be something you're not. That is the biggest problem we get on that board, people trying to claim shit that they havent earned. We call them posers, and they get busted out REALLY quickly. :)

BTW, the board is down now, having some technical difficulty. I am sure they will get it back up today sometime.

I hear ya, I was just kidding though, I know all to well about the wannabe's that lie their butts off only to be busted. You know if their going to lie about something they should lie about something that is not so easy to check out.
I've had more then one moron tell me he was a Seal then I ask when he went to BUD/S and what was his class number was and he gives me some off the wall year and class number that don't jive. it's just way to easy to check out thier story
Kerry

Yeah I had a guy do that to me in a Cigar shop. He gave me a believable number though, but I still am having him checked out on Authentic Seal. Its a site run by SEALs with access to the BUD/S training database and they can check you out for SURE! :)

BTW, go and post an intro over at USP. I saw that you joined might as well intro yourself. (its up now)

I could make a phone call and find out if the guy is a joker or not.
I've managed to make a few friends in the teams, Matter of fact my high school counselor was a retire seal from team three. And I checked him out too just to be sure and he's for real. so now I just email him or one of his buddies and get the scoop.
I've got a lot of respect for the meat eaters ( ones that have earned the right) out there and it just ticks my off to no end for soem joke to claim something he's not.
Kerry

I have a friend from my local car club that recently joined the Marines. We miss him and worry about where he may end up, but proud to call him ours all the same. He gets some computer time once in a while and updates us on all the weapons he gets to play with and what training he is doing. I guess he ranked "expert" (I think that is what he said) on the M-16 right off the bat. Can't say I envy him too much, guess I'm too much of a pasifist. That, and I've grown lazy in my early stages of old age. He's young and can handle that stuff. Did I mention I was lazy?

Archmagician said:
Holy Cow!!!

Are you an Army Bratt then? :D

Do you miss Fayettenam? LOL

I was there two years ago for a reunion for my battalion and also for All American week. Had a blast visiting all the young troopers!

Here are pictures of me when I wasn't old and fat:
old_army_pic.jpg

petepic.jpg

Yea, I'm an Army Brat. I moved from Fayetteville when I was about 4 years old, so my memories are pretty sparse.

I remember being chased down the street by a neighbor's German shepherd! I narrowly escaped certain death ( ;) ) by sandwiching myself between my door and the screen door and screaming my lungs out! It made the dog take off! :devil:

Linda's a military brat. too.