The Horror Movie Thread.

Some of the films that i'm a major fan of (and the list is much much longer than i can put here) are:

The Friday the 13th movies. The early ones were very addictive to me at an early age and i found Jason Vorhees to be quite the versatile and indestructable killer.The godfather of slasher films really.

fridaythe13th.jpg

Clive barker is a name that most horror fans respect for his original and extremely frightning ideas.The Hellraiser movies were possibly the most original idea to come out of horror movies during the 80's. Lots of blood and guts too.

hellraiser20ss20throat20rip.jpg

After that he just decided to scare the absolute crap out of me with the candyman films! Makes you think twice again when looking in the bathroom mirror!haha

canyman.jpg

Can't go swimming in the ocean anymore thanks to this!Thanks Mr Spielberg.

jaws.jpg

Horror movies became somewhat less scary in the 90's but leave it to Japan to re invent the genre and create some really really scary shit! Both the Ring and The Grudge are musts but skip the american versions and stick to the originals.

ring.jpg

This is part horror/part religous thriller but to me it's still an awesomely classy film centred on possession, the stigmata phenomenon and the hypocrisy of the church.Not to mention Patricia Arquette looking as nice as ever! Totally recommend this!

STIGMATA.jpg

the Hellraiser movies were absolutely brilliant, definitely some of the best horror films around. I enjoyed most of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, Freddy Kreugar is a fantastic villain.

The "Childs Play" movies are soooo entertaining (except for Seed of Chucky). They aren't scary or anything, but I just find them really enjoyable for some reason.

Zombie films are always great for some simpler, more fun entertainment. The old Dawn of the Dead movie is great, oh, and "Planet Terror" (not really horror, but zombies nonetheless) was a bloody terrific film. A great, entertaining over-the-top homage to zombie movies.

I'm also a massive sucker for crazy, sadistic horror/gore films. particularly House of 1000 Corpses. And on the topic of Rob Zombie, I thought the new Halloween film was really well done. Daeg was a perfect choice to play the young character. The first/new half of the film is easily better than the second, slasher half of it.

absolutely loved Horror films as a kid,back in the eighties before special effects fucked up horror movies was the golden age of horror,i have'nt seen a really scary film in ages