Horror meets Metal

JayKeeley said:
Can you tell me a little more about Autopsy or Exhumed (from an atmospheric perspective)?

As far as atmosphere goes, Exhumed really don't have much, they are just gore metal.

Autopsy's 'Mental Funeral' is gore death metal, but has a smidgen of atmosphere due to the (lack of) production and the way their songs go from fast to a snail's pace.

I would definitely look into Pazuzu's 'Awaken the Dragon' and '...And all was Silent". But I will tell you now, it is all done on keyboards. No (real) drums or guitars. Very eerie ritualistic fantasy horror stuff. "...And All was Silent" is the more "scary" of the two.

Dreamlord said:
I would definitely look into Pazuzu's 'Awaken the Dragon' and '...And all was Silent". But I will tell you now, it is all done on keyboards. No (real) drums or guitars. Very eerie ritualistic fantasy horror stuff. "...And All was Silent" is the more "scary" of the two.

Sounds interesting - does it stay within the realms of metal?

Have you heard any Necrophagia by the way, Dreamlord?

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE! I just skimmed through the posts and NOONE has mentioned SIGH! I mean like frig get Hail Horror Hail or Ghastly FUneral Theater, or even Imaginary Sonicscape. I dont own Scenario IV but i heard its their weakest. EXCELLENT BAND. BTW they arent br00tal DM.

What the?! Can anyone describe Sigh a little (if they're not grind or death)? :cool:

I can't wait for my Necrophagia now. If I like it, I'm going to get Holocaust de la Morte too.

Sigh is nto grind as far has i know, they are very hard to describe, in the beginning they were like Carpathian Forest Black Metalm, now they are some crazy beautiful wicked metal.

npearce said:
Battle Royale is even given a 9/10. I need to see it. Is it available anywhere for somebody with a normal DVD player?

Yes, Tartan Asia Extreme have released it region free :) It's easy to get here in the UK, if you have any trouble finding it just get in touch and we can sort out a way for me to get you a copy.. :)