the injury thread

i'd be worried about having my exposed toes trampled by hot topic boots :erk:

argh, besides blistering my hands on monkeybars today, i also pulled something in my neck/shoulder. sleeping's going to be interesting tonight.

I made the same mistake at last summer's Sounds of the Underground, but my toes came out perfectly fine.

You could use a heat pack on your neck and shoulders, that should loosen the tension around. Also, try sleeping on your stomach to lessen the pain.

Hope that helps :)

that did the trick. we were out of bath salts but i still had some peppermint sugar scrub that i rubbed into my shoulder. just took some tylenol pm so hopefully that will kick in before it starts hurting again.

Laura disappoints me and deserves her cramp for the refusal of calcium.
Little-known fact: while milk and dairy are yummy, they don't provide much calcium, since a lot of calcium is used to neutralize the acidity of milk. Much better sources of calcium are green-leafed vegetables and nuts, and the best source is raw sesame seeds.

This useless tidbit of information courtesy of El Stormo Memory Ballast Inc.

I think the best sign of APPROPRIATE calcium intake is milk drinking. If they don't drink it, and aren't hippy faggot vegans, they're likely not eating greens either.

I've had my share of cool injuries. The most recent minor one would be a sprained ankle last Spring. I was just playing a good ol' game of softball and I hit a bomb. I was going into 3rd base and I knew there was going to be a play. Now, in my younger days when I played baseball every season, this wouldn't have been an issue. I would have slid into 3rd base without a second though. But it'd been years since I tried that, so I sort of hesitated this time and ended up kinda half-assed sliding into the 3rd. I was safe, but at the expense of getting my left foot caught on the bag while the rest of my body went over it. Big time twist and instant pain. I thought I just rolled it bad, but it was a good couple hours before I was able to walk again. Went to the ER the next day and they said it's just a typical sprain and that everything is all right. Lots of ice, couch time and no drugs :(

swollenankle03.jpg

The biggest major injury I've had is a collapsed lung. The story is so insanely long and I don't have time to type it at work, but the long short of it is that I ended up in the hospital 5 times over a few years and had 2 surgeries to fix it. Lots of hospital time, pain, and drugs. Damn, I'm glad that shit is behind me now.

lungbutter.jpg

I've had lots of other minor injuries, mostly from riding my bike and longboard all the time. I really wrecked my left elbow crashing on my longboard once. Sprained my elbow and split my chin open in the same crash. Big reminder that I'm not invincible. I love it.

Now that is brutal :kickass: :headbang: :worship:

Which toe? I have no nail on my left one, as I got surgery to remove the bastard permanently. Too much in-grown bullshit.

Now the other toenail's doing it, too. :yell:

What do they do to completely remove it? Is there something like a "root" of the toenail? :loco:

I once hit someone so hard with my foot in the forehead that the nail of my toe
got shoved deep into my nailbed so I had to get a little improvised surgery, too.

What do they do to completely remove it? Is there something like a "root" of the toenail? :loco:

They call it the "bed" of the nail, actually. I believe you mention it below.

I once hit someone so hard with my foot in the forehead that the nail of my toe
got shoved deep into my nailbed so I had to get a little improvised surgery, too.

What happened to their forehead?