The Barack Obama review/critique thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course if he didn't sign it the headline would be something like "Obama hates troops; denies military necessary funding"

Probably so, but at least he could stand on principle and send it back to Congress to cut the pork, not to mention, we wouldn't need to spend as much on defense if Mr Peace Prize would pull our troops from overseas instead of expanding the war in Afghanistan.

I think that in a few years, after this recession has passed, everyone will be praising Obama and he'll have the support needed to force the public option, abortion etc into the joke that is the health care bill.

I'm guessing in terms of democratic presidents Obama will be seen as being a little bit above Clinton but not as good as FDR. He'll never please the Dakryns and Vihrises and I'm not totally satisfied but he's doing pretty well.

How do you define "pretty well"? Considering how many Wall Street crooks he's put in his cabinet, how he's done practically nothing to cut back on our military spending, and how he's pretty much Dubya Pt. 2 in terms of secrecy, apathy to torture and generally not giving a fuck about the Constitution, I define that as pretty horrendous.

So cookie rated Obama just slightly under the only practical dictator the US has had in the White House so far. Awesome.

Did I just use a buzzword for FDR? Sure. Because it perfectly describes what he did.

How do you define "pretty well"? Considering how many Wall Street crooks he's put in his cabinet, how he's done practically nothing to cut back on our military spending, and how he's pretty much Dubya Pt. 2 in terms of secrecy, apathy to torture and generally not giving a fuck about the Constitution, I define that as pretty horrendous.
It isn't that bad. The guy can only do so much so fast.

So cookie rated Obama just slightly under the only practical dictator the US has had in the White House so far. Awesome.

Did I just use a buzzword for FDR? Sure. Because it perfectly describes what he did.
lol

Yeah, Obama can only assign so many questionable or openly corrupt people at a time to important beaurocratic positions, or export the "War on Terror" to new places so fast, or generally take more shits on the Constitution so fast.

If you've already discussed this somewhere else here then feel free to link to your previous argument that Obama is "doing pretty well". As it is, I have little reason to believe you're less of a gullible Obamamaniac now than you were last year when you put the "HOPE" poster on the wall in your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.