The Joys of Being a Home Owner

spent the day shopping for dishwashers. It took a dive. Damn there are some expensive d.w. out there. 989.00 !?!?!? Found a nice whirlpool for $315 that has upper rack run only option, NSF sanitizer and 3 water heads/washers.

spent the day shopping for dishwashers. It took a dive. Damn there are some expensive d.w. out there. 989.00 !?!?!? Found a nice whirlpool for $315 that has upper rack run only option, NSF sanitizer and 3 water heads/washers.

When ours went out, we got a floor model from one of those home interiors places and it was a pretty good deal.

...i joke with lek that we'll probably still be engaged when we are in our 80's but at least we'll have all new appliances....:p
...every time we talk about getting married we need to use the money for something else....one year we needed a new washer...the next, a dryer...the next, a new roof........there is still the carpeting and driveway....:loco:

When ours went out, we got a floor model from one of those home interiors places and it was a pretty good deal.

yeah they had an LG floor model but it had a big dent/scrape in the front. The other floor model was cracked inside. I got our last tv open box and saved about $300.

Can't wait to see ya sweetie!:Smokin:

So there was no squirrel in the roof. I put a trap up there for a week and no squirrel. After about 4 days I took the pieces of shingle and covered the hole back up. I figured that if there was a squirrel in there, it would knock them all out of place getting out. They stayed put for about 4 days. Today I returned the trap (I rented it). When I got home this evening, the shingle pieces have all been removed. It figures.

So there was no squirrel in the roof. I put a trap up there for a week and no squirrel. After about 4 days I took the pieces of shingle and covered the hole back up. I figured that if there was a squirrel in there, it would knock them all out of place getting out. They stayed put for about 4 days. Today I returned the trap (I rented it). When I got home this evening, the shingle pieces have all been removed. It figures.

I think it's time for Bill Murray Caddyshack mode!
Those lil' bastards are smarter than they lead you to believe.
The good news (so far) is that at least it/they haven't died between your walls. Good luck with the rodents! I'm still having a hard time getting a GIANT woodchuck out from under my porch. Might have to shoot him, but I'm going to try to avoid that.....

I'm still having a hard time getting a GIANT woodchuck out from under my porch. Might have to shoot him, but I'm going to try to avoid that.....

That's a tough one. We had an opossum living under our porch for a while. It kept spraying the dogs when they'd chase it. I guess it got tired of being chased and moved on. At least it's not a skunk. :D

The good news (so far) is that at least it/they haven't died between your walls. Good luck with the rodents! I'm still having a hard time getting a GIANT woodchuck out from under my porch. Might have to shoot him, but I'm going to try to avoid that.....

...maybe we'll send our cat 'gracie' over...she is great at catching anything with fur and feathers and for a bonus, she will even skin it and leave the 'innards' on your porch...(with the skin no where to be found).......

a woodchuck?!?!? wow, I don't think I've ever seen one of those....time for google. You need a gator under your porch to catch the woodchuck. :lol:

Now I don't feel so bad. Having owned this place for several years, the biggest problem I've had to deal with is my laziness. Seriously, I do need the kitchen and bath remodeled fully, and the wood floors need refinishing (and repaired in one spot), but for a 45+ year old house it isn't so bad. Did make a mistake by having Home Depot install a new water heater. Instead of a local plumber doing the job, they had an outfit 100 miles away do it... later I found out it was because they did the job cheaper... and they were able to do it cheaper because they had illegal aliens working for them. Anyway, I got soaked pretty good on that project(ile), and learned a lesson. When the Florida room roof started leaking, I had a reputable local roofer re-do it. Great job and at a reasonable cost. So now I can concentrate on doing a little at a time on other project(ile)s. The only big problem with me is, I have absolutely no interior decorating sense whatsoever. My ladyfriend just shakes her head and laughs to herself when she sees something I've bought for the house. :lol:

That's a tough one. We had an opossum living under our porch for a while. It kept spraying the dogs when they'd chase it. I guess it got tired of being chased and moved on. At least it's not a skunk. :D

Maybe I need to rent a dog! :D

...maybe we'll send our cat 'gracie' over...she is great at catching anything with fur and feathers and for a bonus, she will even skin it and leave the 'innards' on your porch...(with the skin no where to be found).......

How big is Gracie? This woodchuck is HUGE, it may EAT cats!
I always find munched carcasses from the feral strays that hang out around here...
(My 2 cats are intrigued by this beast... but are out-sized)

a woodchuck?!?!? wow, I don't think I've ever seen one of those....time for google. You need a gator under your porch to catch the woodchuck. :lol:

LOL, maybe I'll rent a dog AND a gator! The bastard made an addition to his underground dwelling, and I almost snapped an ankle when I found his new hole (Yeah, that sounds BAD!!) while mowing the lawn today. I put 15 gallons of water in the hole, and never saw a drop. This means WAR!

Yea, besides, if you shoot him, we'll never know how much wood he could chuck, since you didn't let the woodchuck chuck wood!

You forgot to add "BANG" at the end of that! :lol: Local cop said I couldn't discharge a firearm within the township limits, BUT if the neighbors don't say anything, and he doesn't hear it, it means it didn't happen. :D
He also mentioned some kind of neck snapping trap that sits over the hole....

, I have absolutely no interior decorating sense whatsoever. My ladyfriend just shakes her head and laughs to herself when she sees something I've bought for the house. :lol:

send me some pictures of your room and I'll help you. Here is where I work http://www.californiafurnituregalleries.com

I will help you with some ideas, changes and future ideas. I can also recommend some reasonable and quality furniture lines. I don't expect you to buy from us, but I sure can give your room some direction. :p

Hah! Totally a Caddy Shack moment! :lol: Actually, I think there may be some at my dad's house. I might have to fill that hole with pea gravel and dirt. I just hope he didn't build a condo in my old septic tank, which was filled and de-serviced when we got our city sewer/water hooked up. Anybody have any hand grenades? :heh:
Stay tuned for further developments!