The lads are still goin strong!!

Is that Pete Way and Phil Mogg?Think about it,in 10 years all the great bands we grew up with and love will be in their late 60s and early 70s.Steve

spaster said:
Think about it,in 10 years all the great bands we grew up with and love will be in their late 60s and early 70s.

Yeah and still kicking ass !!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

It is a horrible thought indeed. In maybe five years, and definitely in ten years time, there will be no Saxon, no Iron Maiden, no Dio, no Motorhead etc. All the bands of our youth will be gone, and we will be left with...........

F**k all as far as I'm concerned. It's a depressing thought. So is where we start listening to classical music, jazz, country etc? The bands might have gone, but I will NEVER move over to the dark side! Or should that be, move into the light side?!!

Pax,the future does indeed look dark.However the past year or two has been a lot better than the last 10 put together.In just the last year I have had the pleasure of seeing The Pat Travers Band,Blue Oyster Cult,Riot,The Outlaws,Judas Priest,UFO,Rick Derringer,Thin Lizzy,Deep Purple,Joe Satriani,Krokus,Charlie Daniels,MSG and a few others I forgot.Each year we lose a few members from bands we love,so I take nothing for granted now.Steve

I would nt worry about it.The Stones,clapton.Macca,Gilmore,Bowie and countless others are 15,20 years older than Saxon and Maiden and stll rocking like gooduns.Some of them are making their best albums in 20 or 30 years.Lets face it Saxon,Maiden and Priest have got a second creative wind and are making some of the best albums since the late 80s.
I think most of Saxons output from 89 until 95ish was shit.But Unleash,Metalhaed,Killing Ground and Lionheart are better than anything thr recorded from 85-94.
Bring on zimmer metal.