The last old metal album you listened to?

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
April Wine - Nature of the Beast

Okay, so it's not metal, but it's great old school hard rock!

Just listened to that myself. I always wanted a liscence plate that said

UJUSTME (Just between you and me) hahhahahha

Sorrowed said:
Well this is so funny I was playing Scorpions the other day Virgin Killers...laughed when I thought of how bad it must have been to sing English yet not speak it ..I still think it rocks ! :headbang:

I just watched a bio on them from the Unbreakable DVD and just when you think you are old...... the Scorpions played their first gig in 1965, when I was 1 years old....

Zoetrope - "Amnesty"

NP: Renacer - 'Espíritus Guardianes'

Quartz - "Stand Up And Fight"

NP: Dream Theater - 'The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun'

Witchfynde are excellent Hawk. I saw them a couple of times and they were always fantastic. And I very nearly saw them at the beginning of this month in London but I just couldn't make the trip down. It was at The Astoria in London and only £15 to see some of the best bands around. It would have been awesome as well - 5 bands on the one night - Diamond Head, Praying Mantis, Witchfynde, Jaguar and Bronz - wow that would have been a beautiful concert indeed. I've seen all those bands before, Diamond Head about 5 times and Mantis 3 times. And with any luck I'll see them again pretty soon.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Witchfynde are excellent Hawk. I saw them a couple of times and they were always fantastic. And I very nearly saw them at the beginning of this month in London but I just couldn't make the trip down. It was at The Astoria in London and only £15 to see some of the best bands around.

Yea I always liked their first two albums the best. I got both of them when they were released in 1980/81. Too bad I have never seen them live.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
It would have been awesome as well - 5 bands on the one night - Diamond Head, Praying Mantis, Witchfynde, Jaguar and Bronz - wow that would have been a beautiful concert indeed. I've seen all those bands before, Diamond Head about 5 times and Mantis 3 times. And with any luck I'll see them again pretty soon.

What do you think of the new Diamond Head singer. I think he's quite good. But I never saw them live. In the early '80 they did not cross the pond once as far as I know. I did saw Jaguar 4 or 5 times here in the Netherlands. Most of the time in the Dynamo pub.

And I have seen Praying Mantis twice. Once on a festival in the very north of the Netherlands. The Tygers of Pang Tang also played there. I must have seen the Tygers with John Deveril and John Sykes 3 or 4 times I can't exactly remember because its been 15 years since.

O and I have the incredible luck to see Tank as support of Motorhead in Belgium in 1981! They were great. Algy Ruled!

Come to think of it, did you ever see Gillan live in the early 80s? He ruled!! I have seen his perform twice with Bernie Torme [amazing guitarist!] and once with Janeck Gers.

Is this the future, is this the future shock!

NP: Gillan - Future Shock

I think the new Diamond Head singer is really good, he's obviously no where near as good as Sean Harris but he sounds quite like him, so I think they've made a good choice. First time I saw Diamond Head was in the Bungalow Bar just down the road from my house, there was only about 40 folk there and DH were absolutely mindblowing. It cost something like 50p to get in - unbelievable or what. It was a long time ago but I can still remember them doing Sucking My Love which seemed to last for about half an hour and it was magnificent.I just knew then that they were going to become very popular and only about 9 months later I saw them at the Penthouse in Glasgow and a wee while later I saw them play the Glasgow Apollo!! I bought the single Shoot out the Lights there and the album, the white album or lightning to the nations there, the one in white sleeve you could only get at the gigs. They were playing in King Tuts in Glasgow in July but I couldn't go cos I was away on holiday, I was totally gutted cos DH are still one of my fav bands plus King Tuts is one of my fav venues but hopefully they will play there again soon.

Even though the Bungalow Bar was just a wee backstreet pub, brill bands used to play there, I also saw there The EF Band, Witchfynde and Witchfynder General, Pallas etc.

I saw Praying Mantis support the Tygers of Pan Tang at a Glasgow Uni years ago. Both bands were fantastic. Also saw Tygers at Glasgow Apollo once and at Reading Festival. At the beginning of this year I saw John Sykes when he was singing for Thin Lizzy - he's still amazing and still got great voice and its weird but for a few songs he really sounded very much likePhil Lynott.

Tank - lol - I was listening to This Means War and Filth Hounds of Hades just the other night there. Tank are awesome and still a favourite band of mine - and I had the privilege of seeing them in Edinburgh in the 80s with another two bands playing on the same night - Tank came on first, then it was Girlschool and then it was the mighty Angel Witch!!!!! Wow absolutely killer concert that was.

And I just saw Motorhead about 2 weeks ago in Glasgow, the support being Girlschool who were fantastic as always - and In Flames, but they weren't my scene at all.

Gillan - yip seen him quite a few times, I'm big Gillan and Purple fan. Saw him 3 times at the Glasgow Apollo. Those 3 concerts were fantastic cos the support bands were brilliant as well - Budgie, White Spirit and the Tygers of Pan Tang (again). I'm sure I saw him at Reading Festival one year as well.

Deep Purple are playing in London in January so I'm thinking of taking a wee trip down to check them out - their new album Rapture of the Deep is brilliant, quite a few classic purple songs on that one.

Oh yes and I saw Saxon just about 4 weeks ago in Edinburgh - that was about 5th or 6th time seeing them - and they are still rocking hard and fast:headbang:

I meant to say Hawk, were you ever into Magnum. I think they're superb band and I'm seeing them in 2 weeks time at The Garage in Glasgow. Can't wait, it'll be incredible, its the 25th Anniversary of On A Storyteller's Night Tour - should be mental!!!

Defenders of the Faith :headbang:

69699854382.jpg

The Winnipeg Warrior said:
Defenders of the Faith :headbang:

69699854382.jpg

Hell yeah! :worship:
***********************************************************************************************************

Saxon - "Crusader"