The last two albums

Which do you prefer?

• Dead Heart In A Dead World

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Enemies of Reality

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
QuothTheRaven said:
I didn't vote, mostly because i can't decide. It seems it's that way with me for all nevermore albums, however some clearly outshine the others. Here's my overview back to PoE if you care:

EoR - I love this album. It reminds me alot of old-school thrash, updated and nevermore-ized. The guitar is amazing, the solos wild, drumming furious choruses catchy, vocally: WD's best yet, lyrically: compelling. However, there are flaws, obviously there's the production. Secondly, the soloing, while technical, seems emotionless when compared to DnB, it seems like Mustaine-style fretboard-masturbation. (Excluding the heart-felt tomorrow solo).

DHIDAW - Although not my first Nevermore album, it's the one that made them my favorite band. Although there are a few tracks i skip, overall the album is incredible. The soloing is passionate and techinical, production amazing. However, as with everything there are flaws. Some tracks bore me (evolution) some irritate (Narcosynthesis, though it may just be that i listened to it too much) and overall the album is less aggressive than previous efforts.

DNB - Love this album, the story line is great and the emotion is done perfectly. You can hear sadness (title track), anger (deconstruction), and madness (poison). The negatives are strong though: the soloing on this album kinda sucks, i think jeff tried to stay away from showing off and staying more utilitarian and it's very lack-luster. Also, at times the band suffers from the same detachment you will see me mention in the PoE review, however less so, and the album seems like a stepping stone to DHIADW. Furthermore, the album has a lot of filler.

PoE - although my first album, it's probably my least favorite. I know this this the fave of most of the people on this board, but to me the album lacks much. Although it does have the learning and 42147 and the tianenen man, and a few others, the songs as a whole lack cohesiveness. It sounds like the rythm (guitar/bass/drum) parts and the vocals were written and recorded as if the 2 were on totally different planets. The vocals sound detached from the music and there is almost no emotion because the vocals and the music don't really line up. It's as if they wrote each without hearing the other and said "oh fuck it" and threw it together anyway. Because of that detachment, the album doesn't hit home for me in the same way. Plus, just because it's faster doesn't mean it's better.

I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say, especially about the "detachment" on PoE, if anyone else has noticed it. I pointed it out to alot of my friends and they agreed with me. What do u think?

I say you spend too much time stroking your penis. whatever.

why because i have an opinion? Opinions are subjective dumbass. You're an example of everything that's wrong with BBs, apparently everyone who disagrees with you is wrong. Ignorant fool.

I made an opinion based on/of your opinion. You criticized my SUBJECTIVE OPINION. You are a hypocrite, and you're stupid. Granted, I may possibly be what's wrong with BBs, but you're what's wrong with the world.

QuothTheRaven said:
yo neal,

i know about the RP, however, last night he seemed to be taunting me out in several posts last night and i was tiring of his tomfoolery

I don't read usernames, I read posts.
I read your posts.
I made comments.

saying someone needs a new mind and new friends is not an opinion, it's a criticization. Saying "i think" b4 it does not make it an opinion. You were just being a dick and now trying to cover for it by pretending like you made some kind of educated opinion, when in fact you were just taunting me like u have been in several other posts. Nice try. Furthermore, you have no clue as to the level of my intelligence, so calling me stupid because i don't appreciate your comments about me is rediculous

how about we stop focusing on the negatives and agree that everything Nevermore has ever done kicks serious ass...

who's with me?!?!

Count Zahd Omizer said:
they both suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SATAN REIGNS SUPREME ONCE MORE!!
MAAAAYYYYYHHEEEEEEEEEEEMM!!!!!

Count Zahd Omizer said:
they both suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SATAN REIGNS SUPREME ONCE MORE!!
MAAAAYYYYYHHEEEEEEEEEEEMM!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FOOL!

EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erhem, excuse me...
So We meet again, Count Zahd...

do you not remember me, it is I, the master debator, the cunning linguist, the feltching in your heart and the homosexual urge in your soul...

It is I...

The dark lord of the bowels of mine own bowels

LORD MYANUS ISSORE!

I HAVE COME TO RAPE YOUR ASS AND PILLAGE YOUR WIFE!
YOU SHALL NOT SUSTAIN MY EVIL RATH OF EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!!
I AM FIVE TIMES TO INFINITY AND THE DEPTHS OF THE GREAT VIRGINAL SATANIC ANUS BEYOND AS EVIL AS YOU ARE BEATCH!

Suck Cock and Die

-Lord Myanus Issore

BLLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Fool! SATAN'S FAITHFUL HAVE NONE WIVES, FOR THAT REQUIRES THE SANCTIFICATION OF THE ENEMY!!! (however raping your ass will be most enjoyable satanic activity indeed, we shall do that to you at the next meeting of the black chapter Myanus Issore...)

Magister Azræ Pør said:
BLLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Fool! SATAN'S FAITHFUL HAVE NONE WIVES, FOR THAT REQUIRES THE SANCTIFICATION OF THE ENEMY!!! (however raping your ass will be most enjoyable satanic activity indeed, we shall do that to you at the next meeting of the black chapter Myanus Issore...)

INDEED THEN YOU MAY COUNT ME AMONG THE FAITHFUL TO SAAAAAAAATTTTTTTAAAAAAAAN!!!! Yet i am afraid that there will be no ass raping and pillage and quandrying and destroying, no sphincter deprecation at this next meeting, for we hath much to discuss! (plus my ass is still sore from taking it from all 40 of you, plus i swear to god we all have anal warts now)

The urgently urgent business be thus:

Why is Zahd Omizer such a pussy bitch who cannot admit that mine Black Death Metal of the Blackest Death be more satanic than his pussy bitch ass pussy brand of simple Black Metal? My music worships the dark lord to a degree much unholier than Zahd's, so why is it that he receives the anal favorings of our dark master?!

Mark my words, Zahd, I will kill you.

Currently i'm debating as to how i should kill you but i think i shall REAP MINE VENGEANCE IN THE FASHION THAT YOU KILLED MY SATANIC BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE Asscancerous Clan with. Yes my friend. I will impale you through the dark void (yes i mean your ass) and plunge my shaft into your spine! Thence forth, I shall drill a hole in your face and fuck the brainhole! I will fuck it! I will skullfuck you! I WILL SKULLFUCK YOU IN THE ASS!! YOU WILL DIE A THOUSAND SKULL FUCKED DEATHS!!!

yet now i must go to bed so that i may awaken at an unholy hour and bear my seed and the fruit of mine loins Lord Moles Tedchild to his pre-school, or else he will be late for his coloring class.

alas! we have found each other once more, Issore! SATAAANN FRROOWWWWNNSSS UPOOONN THEEEE WITHH THE SEERRPPEENTTTSSS OFFF BLOOOOOOOOOD!!!!)@(!@_@*!(_@*!()_*@! Do you actually believe that your EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLLL interpretations of the DAARRRRKKK OOONEEEE'SSSS SAATTTTNIIICCCC PRREEEEEAAAAAAACCCCHIIINNGGGGSSS are superior to Count Zahd Omizer? oh, this is where you are soooooo BLAAACCCCKKLLLYYYY wrong!!! NEVVEEERRRR WILL YOU UNDERSTAND THE TR00 POWER OF THE DARK HANDS OF OUR LORD!!!! WE SHALL MEET AGAIN... AND LUCIFER'S DARK MUFFINS SHALL DELIGHTEN ALL OF THOSE WITH A FAITH IN.... GOD!

BLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

IcedEarth556 said:
Which one is better? I get the impression that the majority of the board prefers Enemies over Dead Heart. I can not grasp why anyone would think this. Enemies seems like such a dissapointing CD to me. The whole CD comes off to me as if it is a rushed mess. The song structures are horrible, individual songs lack identity, the riffs are muddy and boring, the soloing is less impressive, emotion seems gone, theres not really any epic tracks, the choruses are less catchy...I could go on and on about this.

But Dead Heart in A Dead World to me seems like Nevermore's BEST album. Each song has so many catchy and heavy parts, the songs stick in your head after listening, the soloing is AMAZING, emotion is more evident, and there is no filler. Since everyone seems to like the new album more, I would like for you to explain why. Thanks
I agree completely. Dead Heart has SO much emotion (moreso than EOR) and that's why I love it. Sure, the songs might be more simple, but that has nothing to do with whether or not it's a good album. All of the songs are unique and they all are brilliant in their own ways. There is no filler at all. Dead Heart is a cullmination of all the aspets that make nevermore such a great band and it's their milestone. I dont see them ever releasing anything better than this.