The latest from Dan Spitz:

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
At least things with Dan and the rest of the guys now seem civil, unlike last time they parted ways............ (from Blabbermouth)

DAN SPITZ: My Loving Brothers Of ANTHRAX Are Truly My Friends Forever

ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz has issued the following update:

"On the home front: My wife, Candi, has been struggling along with twin identical boys inside her very small frame so it's been quite busy here, as you can well imagine. She is bed ridden at this time due to the complications of having twins. So, I'm here by her side for her every need.

On the master watchmaker / music business timepiece production front: I have been very busy going to beautiful Switzerland (even dragged Candi there), moving along my patents and personal inventions of micro mechanical engineering and implementation of them into the mechanics of the movements for the timepieces. There is much excitement within my parent company to bring awareness of my metal friends, the metal fans and my metal background to an industry (luxury watches) that will embrace us all in a new and exciting way. More as this progresses. There will be an extremely unique luxury timepiece that has a quality that is better than a Rolex coming from my hands to your wrists very soon. In addition, there will be many aspects of the timepiece and its after-sales service avenues that are groundbreaking to this industry.

On the ANTHRAX front: I know there has been a lot of speculation on my end of things regarding what has transpired lately in the press. I am sorry to report however that I will not comment at this time regarding the business side of things at this moment. I will comment on my loving brothers of ANTHRAX (Joey, Scott, Charlie and Frank) by saying that you are truly my friends forever. ANTHRAX has been what I bleed if you cut me since Scott, Charlie and I started this ride and dream when we were mere tadpoles in training with a dream."

In a recent interview with to Eddie Trunk of the "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian had the following to say when asked if Dan Spitz was no longer a member of ANTHRAX: "You know, I actually don't know the answer to that question. I've been e-mailing with Danny back and forth quite a bit. I know he's got a lot going on in his whole other world. Whether people are aware or not, Danny's, like, a big deal in the really, really fancy, expensive watch world — like crazy, super-high-end watches — and he's got his own line of watches coming out. It's weird, because before the reunion I would read this stuff online, and I would just kind of be like, "What the hell…?" But then like after hanging out with the guy for 20 months and you actually talk to him and see the watches and what-not, I was like, 'Holy crap!' It's a pretty big deal. And I know he's been back and forth to Switzerland quite a bit trying to launch his watch line. So truthfully, I would think right now ANTHRAX is probably the least of his worries."

watchmaker / music business timepiece ??????

So what is he gonna name is kids?

maybe we could make up a poll....

NAME SPITZ'S KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Two things that strike me about this update (including the comment from Scott):

1) Whatever your opinion of Dan, I personally thought this was the most mature, open statement of the present situation. No mud was flung, and Dan showed respect while maybe not answering people's questions about his future with Anthrax.

Being the father of twins myself (though neither my wife nor I could be called petite individuals), I know how difficult the pregnancy was for her, and what a relief it was when she finally gave birth. (The real pain, of course, started when the kids learned to walk and steal stuff from the kitchen... but that's a whole different story.) So, I think it's fair to say that Dan's first priority is on his pending fatherhood - as, frankly, it should be.

2) For as much as Scott gets slagged here on NFMB (and how I recently went off on him for backing the idea of closing this board), I really think that what he said about Dan's status with Anthrax was honest and forthcoming. (Never mind he did make the statement "and then there were three" in the CDC chat.) To me, this statement seems to read that Scott wants Danny to be part of the next album, but he understands that Dan's plate is pretty full now and about to overflow when the twins are born. So, I'll publicly give Mr. Rosenfeld props for what I perceive to be from-the-heart honesty.

1) Whatever your opinion of Dan, I personally thought this was the most mature, open statement of the present situation. No mud was flung, and Dan showed respect while maybe not answering people's questions about his future with Anthrax.

2) For as much as Scott gets slagged here on NFMB (and how I recently went off on him for backing the idea of closing this board), I really think that what he said about Dan's status with Anthrax was honest and forthcoming.

:kickass: :kickass:

Two things that strike me about this update (including the comment from Scott):

Being the father of twins myself (though neither my wife nor I could be called petite individuals), I know how difficult the pregnancy was for her, and what a relief it was when she finally gave birth. (The real pain, of course, started when the kids learned to walk and steal stuff from the kitchen... but that's a whole different story.) So, I think it's fair to say that Dan's first priority is on his pending fatherhood - as, frankly, it should be.

2) For as much as Scott gets slagged here on NFMB (and how I recently went off on him for backing the idea of closing this board), I really think that what he said about Dan's status with Anthrax was honest and forthcoming. (Never mind he did make the statement "and then there were three" in the CDC chat.) To me, this statement seems to read that Scott wants Danny to be part of the next album, but he understands that Dan's plate is pretty full now and about to overflow when the twins are born. So, I'll publicly give Mr. Rosenfeld props for what I perceive to be from-the-heart honesty.

I respect the guy enormously. Most musicians aren't fore-sighted enough to have a back-up plan for when the music isn't paying the bills, so he's definitely smarter than the average musician. He should put his family and what's best for them first.

Besides, he hasn't really been a part of the band since the mid-1990's and since then has really been just an employee of Anthrax, just like Joey.

That interview was so drastically different from every other one the guy has ever done. I would even speculate it was not even him.

Dan's definately has bigger fish to fry. New kids on the way and high end watches. why play with Anthrax unless he needs a vacation?

I know that if I had to choose between my current line of work and being in a band I wouldn't make a change. It would take a lot of money. Being in a band full-time would be fun for about a month. The constant traveling and living in small spaces would take some getting used to.

That does not really change what I was getting at.

Anyway, at least he has something better to do than bitch about the band. I got sick of all the mud slinging a long time ago. If I want that I will head over to the Billy Milano forum.