Dan Spitz

Dead Moon Rising

New Metal Member
Does anyone know if Dan Spitz has a website? I'm a big fan of his work on all the Anthrax albums he played on. I've seen so many articles in guitar mags about Kirk Hammet & Marty Friedman. All of the Anthrax articles I've seen usually focus on Scott Ian (one of the greatest ryhthym guitarists ever). I just think Dan's underrated. I still enjoy the new stuff. especially songs like Random Acts of Senseless Violence.

Peace!

I think they say at the bottom of his 20 questions that he had some stupid website like danthrax.com or some shit but that it had been taken down right when they were posting his 20 questions, big surprise there. After reading that shit, I never want to click on it again so you'll have to check back yourself, and also, I wouldn't bother with any websites for him, so I'm not checking links either. I think it's safe to say that he's cookoo for cocoa puffs.

Those 20 questions (or the answers really) where hilarious. Dan is probably a very smart guy, but just a bit wacko.

Originally posted by Dead Moon Rising
Yeah, I read that. I didn't see a specific web address though. I wonder if he finally just snapped about the whole getting kicked out thing, and just wanted to vent on someone. It was an intresting piece anyway.

Thanks.

I think it used to be www.spitzthrax.com but that one doesn't work anymore...

Does anyone know if Dan Spitz has a website? I'm a big fan of his work on all the Anthrax albums he played on... I just think Dan's underrated. I still enjoy the new stuff. especially songs like Random Acts of Senseless Violence.

Peace!

"The new stuff", right? :) ... The whole thread seems to come from the past Millennium... Wait, it was the past Millennium! Almost...

I think they say at the bottom of his 20 questions that he had some stupid website like danthrax.com or some shit but that it had been taken down right when they were posting his 20 questions, big surprise there. After reading that shit, I never want to click on it again so you'll have to check back yourself, and also, I wouldn't bother with any websites for him, so I'm not checking links either. I think it's safe to say that he's cookoo for cocoa puffs.
Yeah that did it for me I'm so glad he's not a part of this band anymore. What an idiot. A born again idiot.

Can someone tell me what Dan said that was so bad? I don't know why people would be saying Dan's an idiot, considering the crap Scott Ian's said over the years. Do you all want him out the band too?

But maybe I read a different thing so someone tell me what Dan said that's so crazy (and bear in mind it's from METAL SLUDGE....)

you don't think that he looked like a total crackhead? Maybe not like an idiot, but like someone who'd been in a mental hospital instead of watchmaking school...

you don't think that he looked like a total crackhead? Maybe not like an idiot, but like someone who'd been in a mental hospital instead of watchmaking school...

I didnt think he was any worse than any other cunt that answers those 20 questions. They always make out the respondents can't spell and shit, even though a guy like Spitz is apparently super-intelligent. Which is why I take it with a large dose of salt. It's fucking METAL SLUDGE.
Again, someone point out something that makes Dan seem like a retard while bearing in mind it's from Metal Sludge.
Has Dan been in watchmaking school? We know he has. So what do you believe? Either he's a smart guy with a bee in his bonnet over Scott Ian, or he's totally retarded and can barely spell his name. Which do you believe?

Scott has said countless retarded things over the years in the REAL press. Yet people still seem to take him seriously. What did Dan do, other than get on the wrong side of the poor man's Gene Simmons of thrash metal?

YOU know what Metal Sludge is.
What would YOU say if those cunts asked you to reply to 20 questions? Wouldn't YOU take the piss?
I know I would.

Around the time of the reunion tour he was saying that Dimebag ripped off all the solos on what he called "that 8 ball record" (he meant Stomp 442) He weant even as far as to say that "he had the tapes" and "if it went to court, the truth would come out"

Then he backed out of those claims by saying he was taken out of context.

you cant be "taken out of context" making the kind of statements he did.

Like I said I have no problem with him being a born again Christian... I have a problem with him being a egotistical, bastard with a chip on his shoulder --- and mostly ripping Dime like that.

I wish him and his family well though.

I was always a huge fan of Dan Spitz during his time in the band pre 95, but was really disappointed at how full of himself he can come across as being at times, especially when the guy has done nothing in the world of metal for 15 years and still acts like he's relevant. Nonetheless, like the poster before me, I wish the guy and his family nothing but the best.