Dan Spitz

I was always a huge fan of Dan Spitz during his time in the band pre 95, but was really disappointed at how full of himself he can come across as being at times, especially when the guy has done nothing in the world of metal for 15 years and still acts like he's relevant. Nonetheless, like the poster before me, I wish the guy and his family nothing but the best.

Me too! I always just thought it's a new yorker-thing. They usually seem like that.

as far as the dimebag thing i am pretty sure metal den website totally fabricated that interview,goddamn i miss those sludge 20 questions,they were always entertaining:devil:

I was always a huge fan of Dan Spitz during his time in the band pre 95, but was really disappointed at how full of himself he can come across as being at times, especially when the guy has done nothing in the world of metal for 15 years and still acts like he's relevant. Nonetheless, like the poster before me, I wish the guy and his family nothing but the best.

Well I'd say he pretty much has proven to be the most important piece of the classic Anthrax THRASH sound. Once he was out of the band the music turned to shit. Yeah they say he didn't actually write the songs, Yeah Yeah I know a handful of people love Vol 8, Stomp and WCFYA, but their best Bushtrax album by far was SOWN and Dan was on it.

If I was Dan I would probably think the same way. Those guys in Anthrax had their heads up their asses for many years. Finally it appears they are coming back around, but only time will tell. If Dan Spitz was on guitars I'd feel a lot better about things... him looking like a crack head or not! I'd still probably take the look of a short crack head than a big douche bag in a tight pants, a beanie and purple guitar who plays in emo bands :tickled:

Well I'd say he pretty much has proven to be the most important piece of the classic Anthrax THRASH sound. Once he was out of the band the music turned to shit. Yeah they say he didn't actually write the songs, Yeah Yeah I know a handful of people love Vol 8, Stomp and WCFYA, but their best Bushtrax album by far was SOWN and Dan was on it.

If I was Dan I would probably think the same way. Those guys in Anthrax had their heads up their asses for many years. Finally it appears they are coming back around, but only time will tell. If Dan Spitz was on guitars I'd feel a lot better about things... him looking like a crack head or not! I'd still probably take the look of a short crack head than a big douche bag in a tight pants, a beanie and purple guitar who plays in emo bands :tickled:

i am guessing they woulda loved spitz to come back but he has 2 austistic kids i think,plus the fact that hes making a mint with his watch thing..

i am guessing they woulda loved spitz to come back but he has 2 austistic kids i think,plus the fact that hes making a mint with his watch thing..

I'm not sure. The problem with most born agains is they have their head tilted so far up to god that they forget there are people around them.

The guy is absolutely unpredictable and so fucking full of himself (despite his 4 feet height), that soon his self-importance's gonna erupt out of all of his orifices. He's a good musician, I ain't gonna take that from him, but you also gotta have some more quality in order to be in a known rock-band.
He's a nut. Enough said. He reminds me of another genius - Ritchie Blackmore (although Ritchie is a real genius). His old bandmates don't even wanna hear about him after all the tantrums he'd thrown at them...

Alex Stomp and I were at the same reunion concert in Baltimore. Although Alex was in the pit, I was actually up in the stands with my wife. My wife and I both noticed how odd Dan appeared while playing. It was like he was going through the motions in a very intense fashion.

When Dan came out on the 700 club I could not take it seriously. I also thought when i read the liner notes in Stomp 442 i think about Dan going to make watches I thought Scott was kidding.

Dan i can only wish you the best. But please dont let the Napoleon complex overtake you. Its not very Christian.