The "Let's guess who's the new axeman for COB" Thread

Not his kind of gig and music I think.
Nah, I wouldn't say that. He played for about a year in Arch Enemy as a tour guitarist. So Death Metal in general
is nothing new for him, and AE does not do less stupid Death Metal Show than COB.

they have decided who it's gonna be and they're gonna announce him sometime in the next 2 months. I guess before the north american tour, sometime during January! :popcorn:

I'd take Ranta over Freiberg.

After all this anticipation watch them announce it's....Antti Warman. Wouldn't that be a downer.

God I forgot about Freiberg... That would be the most terrible choice in the entire Children of Bodom history.. I would prefer another Blooddrunk then seeing this douchebag taking over the rythm guitars -_-

Reactions: johnnytophat
Could be Samy Elbana, their new song with Lost Society is pretty serious, plus in the studio video, he plays the song, Children Of Bodom, so he would probably lead Alexi a bit near to the roots, I hope.

Honestly, Sami Elbana would be freaking awesome. I played with him at the 100GuitarsFromHel and he was like the kindest of all. So down to earth compared to mister Laiho or Wirman. Plus I read in an interview that Alexi Laiho is like his guitarhero, so yeah, maybe he'd get them a bit back to the roots.
I would support this choice 200%

I think Sami want to do his own thing with Lost Society, no? I think he is too young too, but sure I guess he would love to be in CoB but not at the cost of not being able to focus on LS and to me it's a strange fit.
But perhaps it would explain the ESP switch even more lol.

And please not Freyberg!

That's a relief to hear. I don't know about Finnish guitarists anyway so I guess, I would be somewhat indifferent to their choice. Are there any good choices that are around COB age? Not so sure they would pick a young cat for this.

That's a relief to hear. I don't know about Finnish guitarists anyway so I guess, I would be somewhat indifferent to their choice. Are there any good choices that are around COB age? Not so sure they would pick a young cat for this.
Can't think of any that are not already occupied with something quite big. If they got Petri Lindroos I'd find that pretty awesome, but it's not going to happen. If Petri were not in a band it might be possible. I hear they went to the same guitar lessons as kids and Alexander got Norther their first rehearsal place. Alexi has also done backing vocals for some of Norther's songs.