The loss of a metal head :(

Well - my story is even worse.

I've NEVER had any friends or family to discuss metal with. I am the only one I've ever personally known who listens to and understands metal. :cry:

In my music world, I reside on a lonely metal island with a population of one.

Originally posted by metalmancpa

I've NEVER had any friends or family to discuss metal with. I am the only one I've ever personally known who listens to and understands metal. :cry:

I just met a guy from school a little while ago who said he doesn't know anyone else who listens to metal (but me). Weird. I can't imagine it.
I feel for you, metalmancpa.

METALMAN!!! I am totally the same. I have YET to find another tr00 metalhead in my life... i know some who listen to Nu Metal, but that doesn't count. I am lonely too in the world of metal...

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
OH NO!!!

SHOCK!!!

HORROR!!

SOMEBODY IS NOT LISTENING TO METAL!!!!

THATS.........

ITS......

.... well actually its entirely normal. Stop being elitist. Metal is a genre that has limited appeal, if his life has changed then his music preferences will change. Its not a crime to listen to different types of music. I have friends who listen to many types of music, from eminem and dr dre.... to opeth.... to miles davis...to john williams.....etc.etc... Its normal. Music can achieve many things, dont limit yourself to one genre, and dont bag out other people for changing their music choices to suit their lifestyles.

He is wise, for i enjoy all the artist mentioned ( yes even old Dre stuff and yes even some eminem lyrics )

Dont cry you big child, you are among metalheads now :D

Originally posted by Misanthrope

Dont cry you big child, you are among metalheads now :D

Cyberlly (sp?) speaking - YES.

In the flesh - I roam alone.

I have 30+ years of music listening experience stored in my head, and only rarely do I get to download to another user. At 42, I'm not as up to date as some of the newer models - my technology is older. At some point, I may reach metal capacity, with no more room for growth. I download some on this forum, but I need some real-time metal-sharing in order to clean-up for future growth. Going to concerts either alone, or with my son who goes for the enjoyment of being some place with his Dad (which is cool, by the way) and not really for the music, does not allow me to properly share.

If it wasn't for this place, I probably would of had a melt-down already.

I know a guy in one of my classes who listens to BM, but that's all he listens to. It's nice having someone to discuss various bands with, but he has no range at all. Lately, I haven't listened to much metal. Sure, I still love metal and will hopefully always like it. I am just getting more into jazz (Miles Davis, Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Herbie Hancock), progressive rock(early Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, etc.), classical (recommendations from here), ambient/atmospheric stuff like Tangerine Dream and Ozric Tentacles. I am exploring other genres of music and have just not been in the mood for a lot of metal bands. However, I listened to Orchid, Morningrise, and MAYH a few nights ago. :)

Originally posted by Kittarin
I don't base my friendships on what kind of music they listen to.

Retards :p

Basing friendships on music is definately a mistake.

But, I would of like to have grown up with somebody to enjoy metal listening with. It's nice to share something good with others. In my case - every time I ever played a great song to someone, I get that head-tilt look. I have since given up TRYING to find a real live metal friend. And I think at my age, that becomes more and more difficult. BUT, it in no way takes away from MY enjoyment of the music.

Disappointments abound in metal for me, lots of them in the last months. I still listen to Opeth and a handful of other bands, but there's a lot of "metal" with big names that fails to even provide an interest, not necessarily a lasting one... I'm mostly elsewhere, and I've taken the dozen of real musics from the abandoned metal house with me... Spooky.

Cyberlly (sp?) speaking - YES.

In the flesh - I roam alone.

I have 30+ years of music listening experience stored in my head, and only rarely do I get to download to another user. At 42, I'm not as up to date as some of the newer models - my technology is older. At some point, I may reach metal capacity, with no more room for growth. I download some on this forum, but I need some real-time metal-sharing in order to clean-up for future growth. Going to concerts either alone, or with my son who goes for the enjoyment of being some place with his Dad (which is cool, by the way) and not really for the music, does not allow me to properly share.

If it wasn't for this place, I probably would of had a melt-down already.

Are you one of those guys who stills owns ( and plays ) 8tracks? You shure sound like it.

i find myself listening to more soft music now-a-days like porcupine tree and wilco. i find myself listening to this kind of music in the future more so then metal. doesnt mean i will stop liking metal, its just i like to relax much more then i like to get all tensed up.
Yes and like the great Ishan said..... There is way to much great music out there to just limit yourselfs to distorted guitars.

Originally posted by Misanthrope

Are you one of those guys who stills owns ( and plays ) 8tracks? You shure sound like it.

:lol: Actually, I never had an 8-track. Always hated them - the way a song would be broken up by the change of the track. I stuck with vinyl, moved to cassette, then onto CD's and MP3's.