FROST
Apr 19, 2002
Norway
vill.no
One of my oldest friends is now lost. He was a great friend in
metal, as we grew up headbanging together. Drinking beer,
sitting in a dark room with candles and just play metal through
most of our spare time. Going to concerts, talking metal all the
time, just letting it flow through our souls. :)

These days are gone. I moved away, and a couple of yrs ago he
accepted some more commercial stuff, then mostly just ambient,
atmospheric etc. I could live with that. But today he asked me to
watch the new Eminem video, "because it's cool" (and he's not
just talking about the visuals). :yuk:

Oh my God! This is horrible! How could this happen! :yell:
I really hope this hasn't happened to any of your friends.
Lordenlil - devastated metal head :erk:

something worse happened to me! I had a best friend who used to listen to metal with me and talk metal all the time, was actually pretending and really liked RnB and pop(poop) I never talked to her after she was badmouthing my musical preferances behind my back! some friends I have! bleh!

I wouldn't be too surprised if I found myself listening to ambient or some easy-listening-stuff more than metal in a few years..

noooooo orchid!!!! you can't! if you ever feel the need to do that just find me and I will help you! :p you will not turn into them!!!!

Originally posted by Orchid
I wouldn't be too surprised if I found myself listening to ambient or some easy-listening-stuff more than metal in a few years..

Ok - but would you give up on metal totally? I use ambient when
I study hard for exams, but that's because I need sound, and
music I really like.. well... you know - it gets me distracted
because I really start listening to it. But Eminem!!! :cry:

Ok, I think I need your help already, butterfly, 'cuz at the moment I'd rather write music like Moby, Enya, Vangelis etc. than metal.

I just don't have the time nor the gear... yet! :D

Orchid! I live in south tottenham in london! right now I am at the stamford hill library! look for me!!!! I am right next to the window!!! don't be late! the virus doesn;t take long to spread!

How nice to hear that :loco: I at the moment would rather write "afterhours jazz", like The Heart of Saturday Night by Tom Waits, or Angelo Badalamenti´s Twin Peaks stuff. With vocals of course. But I can´t play piano or keyboards good enough. Damn.

Originally posted by Lordenlil
Ok - but would you give up on metal totally?

No, of course not. I meant to say that I'll probably listen more to other kinds of music than nowadays.

And by "easy-listening-stuff" I didn't mean anything like rap or hip-hop, but peaceful and serene music.

Eminem and others like that are too restless and chaotic for my taste.

I sometimes feel the need to listen to other things apart from metal but you need to choose that wisely as most of it is highly addictive!

Originally posted by Windom Pearl
How nice to hear that :loco: I at the moment would rather write "afterhours jazz", like The Heart of Saturday Night by Tom Waits, or Angelo Badalamenti´s Twin Peaks stuff. With vocals of course. But I can´t play piano or keyboards good enough. Damn.

:hotjump:
You too?! (Well, I kinda guessed that, hehe)

Have you played piano or keyboards before, like in school or something? (/me gets interested, especially about the Twin Peaks bit... and scurries off to download mp3s by Tom Waits)

Be careful, I believe Tom Waits has lots of shit also. Try the new song "Alice" to know what I mean, or something from "The Heart of....". There are however a few songs on it that aren´t the style I´m looking for, even though they are great too.

I took half a year of keyboard lessons (my only musical studies) but I really can´t say I could play.

Hey... A PROJECT!!!!
But I gotta go now, the woman´s waiting. We gotta talk about this! :)

OH NO!!!

SHOCK!!!

HORROR!!

SOMEBODY IS NOT LISTENING TO METAL!!!!

THATS.........

ITS......

.... well actually its entirely normal. Stop being elitist. Metal is a genre that has limited appeal, if his life has changed then his music preferences will change. Its not a crime to listen to different types of music. I have friends who listen to many types of music, from eminem and dr dre.... to opeth.... to miles davis...to john williams.....etc.etc... Its normal. Music can achieve many things, dont limit yourself to one genre, and dont bag out other people for changing their music choices to suit their lifestyles.

@ YaYoGakk

Ooooh, you don't say, smartass. Of course not! That's not the
point! I just think it's sad it changed completely, and that the
metal is pushed aside (totally). To me this means a lot, and even
if it doesn't to him, I think it's sad!

Fuck, I got lots of jazz, classical, rock etc myself. Never said metal
is the only genre worth listening to. It's not like anything
changes between us, but you never want an old friend to grow
apart from you. Whatever. Did u get the point yet?? :)