The Lotus Eater

ok i have thre :p

1. that catchy ass riff like a few minutes in
2. right after when he starts coming in with a line(i havent figured out the lyrics) sounds like all of you and it keeps getting louder
3. when he comes i nand says youuuuuuuuuuu( in a really high voice) are...........

Yeah dude, the "YOUuuuu are" kicks ass. I can't believe they only did it once.

I love the placement of "sold to... die"!

If I have any complaint, it's that the song is TOO SHORT!!!

So I just listened to this for the first time and I can't stop laughing.

This song is so good. Holy fuck.

The SW riff fits in the song so perfectly. The whole thing is like a glove for my brain. Hard to explain, but there it is :loco:

It's the creepy riff kicking at 5:50 iirc. Clearly influenced by the main riff from Walker's ''Cossacks Are''.

Are you sure? That's around the time the keyboard part comes in. That part doesnt seem very SW to me. Unless you are talking about the riff at 5:15, because that kind of does remind me of Cossacks Are.

The part with the talking reminds me of Scott Walker alot. Cue comes to mind.

They should have moved the Nintendo riff even further and played it with crushing metal guitar. Other than that I have no complains.

Great song. I love the "You are stuck in a pit of confusion, changing and waiting and seeking the truth of it all" part.

I have no doubt that Watershed will be amazing now. As if I ever had.

You know, I really don't get it. Why is Axe just "okay"? I mean, listen to the damn songs. The man can bang on a drumkit, no doubt about it. The drumming on TLE really reminds me of Lopez's work on MAYH, which is one of his highlights imo.
Axe is great.

There's so much to like here. The "nintendo" part sounds like Chick Corea to me, btw. So far, this album kicks ass!

I love axe´s drumming... imo he took lopez´s style and developed it even a bit further. I even think he has a greater diversity than lopez. Cause he goes from the ambient groovy druming up to extreme blast beats, but still keeping it opeth. (Slow fat doublebass action, 6/8 claves, nice cymbal-action,...)
Which is a good thing cause Opeth is a music full of contrasts and as you can hear these contrasts are even stronger on Watershed. The soft parts are even softer than ever (1 lonely blues-solo-guitar) and the hard parts are harder than ever (BLASTBEATS). (You can apply that contrast-thing to nearly every facette of the Watershed sound [of what could be heard so far])

I failed >_< I listened to the first 20 seconds on the roadrunner page, then closed it.

Hopefully I can't remember the melody. It just reminded me of how it's like to discover new songs from a band one love.
I don't care if it's better of worse than the previous albums, it's just Opeth.

(Weird "mmmm"s by the way, I like it ^^ )