The Maidens in Europe?

Hi guys! Newbie here!! :wave:

I was just wondering if the Maidens will be coming to Europe, more specifically the UK sometime this year? I am desperate to see them as from what I've heard and read they kick some serious ass!!! I am a wannabe Maiden myself, always annoying my parents off by playing guitar loudly (and usually pretty badly too.) :( I mean there's only so many times they can hear The Trooper intro before it gets annoying eh?? I think one day I must have played it about 70 times, my mum was gonna take my guitar off me!! LOL

Welcome to the bb's Cat! Believe me, we'd LOVE to get to the UK. It's just so darn expensive to get over there, we need the right promoter to pull that one off! Perhaps in time.............. Keep jamming the Maiden!!!! Been playing long?

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Welcome to the bb's Cat! Believe me, we'd LOVE to get to the UK. It's just so darn expensive to get over there, we need the right promoter to pull that one off! Perhaps in time.............. Keep jamming the Maiden!!!! Been playing long?

Thank you!! :D

I really hope you do manage to come over here soon cos I know you'd get an excellent reception!!! :headbang:

I've been playing on and off since I was 15 so that's 5 years, but it's only in the past year that I've gotten heavily into it. I started getting proper lessons about 2 months ago and we've been jamming on loads of Maiden and Metallica, it's been great!!! Hopefully gonna start working on The Trooper solos tomorrow. :eek:

I had a great lesson yesterday! After the usual small talk (How are you? What you been jamming on this week? etc etc) I started asking him about how I could build up to doing solos. So we started doing some speed exercises, with some alternate picking etc. We started talking about the pentonic scales and asked me if I remembered it. I said I did and played it for him - he said was very impressed that I had learnt them and could play them well. Then we started doing some little exercises using it and he showed me one using the top 2 strings, then I copied him. Once I'd done it he told me, and I quote, "These kick ass solos are gonna be a piece of piss for you! Do you know how long it took me to get that, and you can do it right away!" Cue red face :oops: and HUGE smile!! :D Twice throughout the lesson he told me that I "was really pushing him" to show me stuff to learn and that out of all his students I was "the one" and that he was really impressed with me today. Sorry for the longwinded post but I am so excited about that!!!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
BE excited! That is EXCELLENT news! Congrats on yer progress and keep it up! We want mp3's!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!! :D :Spin:

I'm gonna try recording some stuff at the weekend so I will let you know how I get on, and maybe let you hear!!! Thanks again!!!!!

I can only play the rhythm parts for Fear Of The Dark and The Trooper, but I can play and few Maiden riffs here and there and I recently learnt the first solo in Strange World which is one of my all time favourite Maiden tunes.

Linda (or anyone else) - do you know of anywhere I could find reviews/setlists/downloads of your shows? I've downloaded The Trooper and Flight Of Icarus from your site but would love to see alot more. I read one setlist somewhere and in which you did 22 Acacia Avenue and Killers etc - which I would really love to hear. Thanks for any info!