The Maidens On The Road

Air Raid Siren

Maidens' Vox
Apr 26, 2004
My City Of Angels
www.myspace.com
Hey all
Decided to start a road blog here of our adventures in Greece and Turkey since we are going to be at it for the next couple of weeks. Of course this all depends on our wireless access!

We arrived, after 9 hours in the air, in Amsterdam with hours to spare so decided to take a train in to town and view some of the sights. Sin City has nothing on this town, let me tell you! Almost anything goes here, it seems!:OMG: The red light district has window shopping & as you walk down the street - everywhere you look you can see 'Charlottes' posing in the windows trying to entice you with their wares. Cobblestoned streets, beautiful architecture and the infamous 'coffee' shops where there is much more than just java for sale. After a few hours of adventuring about we returned to the airport and resumed our travels - on to Greece! Landed in Athens and got to the hotel around 2 am. We have a day off today to adjust and see some of the sights and on Saturday a 9 am soundcheck. :eek: It could be worse - we heard Nevermore and Nightwish are soundchecking at midnight! We have an early show on Saturday so it will be good to reaquaint ourselves with our friends from Nevermore and to see March Metal Madness in full swing!

Wow this is a road trip made in heaven!!... Damn, on the same bill as Nightwish!!!!!!!! Holy-O-me oh my !!!... Hell yeah!!!!!!! Kick ass!!

Er...wonder if the Maidens were good girls when passing by those " java cafes" in Amsterdam ??

The red light district has window shopping & as you walk down the street - everywhere you look you can see 'Charlottes' posing in the windows trying to entice you with their wares.

Yeah, it's strange to see stuff like that since Europe is so different than here. When I went to Hamburg last year, one of the guys in our group (who is from Hamburg) took us to their red light district and we did a little 'window shopping'. They also have Charlottes that stalk you on the sidewalk just outside the window shopping alley, too.

Well I hope your hotel isn't the same as the one you stayed in when you were in (I think!) Korea - with the *ahem* interesting vending machine!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to hear how the show goes. Be sure to check out Annihilator. They ROCK!! :kickass: And Jeff Waters is a lovely, lovely guy. :D

yeah! annihilator was fun - i jumped in the pit for that! we saw edguy and nevermore but skipped out before nightwish cuz we were beat by then and the schedule was about an hour off. jeff loomis was the sole guitar player - i was right up front soaking up his licks :)
our show was alot of fun - huge crowd and the locals loved alexander the great. our set was short cuz we only had 30 minutes. it was a weird set up with orion on the other stage for the "battle" - we each played 1 song alternately then did another 5 then after we won we played hallowed and run. took some pics - will share when i get back.
:headbang:
saw the acropolis the other day (what day is it? hahahah) and going to see some other sites today before we catch the train for turkey.

yeah! annihilator was fun - i jumped in the pit for that! we saw edguy and nevermore but skipped out before nightwish cuz we were beat by then and the schedule was about an hour off. jeff loomis was the sole guitar player - i was right up front soaking up his licks :)
our show was alot of fun - huge crowd and the locals loved alexander the great. our set was short cuz we only had 30 minutes. it was a weird set up with orion on the other stage for the "battle" - we each played 1 song alternately then did another 5 then after we won we played hallowed and run. took some pics - will share when i get back.
:headbang:
saw the acropolis the other day (what day is it? hahahah) and going to see some other sites today before we catch the train for turkey.

Nice one!! Sounds like a blast!! :kickass: Can't wait to see pics!

Enjoy your trip i wish i could travel as much as you girls do, avoid all of those half/naked spartans or whatever they are, i have heard they try take advantage of pretty Girls.

Hey I am a Spartan! Though I am not half naked! 8) Also, you wont find many Spartans in Athens, now if you go to Sparta there are loads of Spartans there! :D

There was a time in my life when I was buff in shape, and basically a Greek God....now I am just a god damned Greek! :lol:

Sorry i got all confused i dont know why i thought in Rome and those romans with those funny hats. hahaha damned greek.

Sounds like Aja was in fine form in Greece. Bad camera audio otherwise. I can only make out the one guitar.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
True Dat Metallicat,

What a sound system! Great to see that the girls finally got to play a venue with some good equipment. Also that looks like alot more fog than Mark usually generates by himself...:Smokin:

Go Maidens!!!

Hey everyone,

I’ve been a long time lurker… I live in good ole’ Oklahoma but I’m originally from Istanbul. I was sooo stoked to hear about your Greece&Turkey tour that I thought I’d finally join this board and say a few words myself. I’ve been following this band for a long time now. I know you’ve tried (at least a couple of times) to play here in OK but thanks to the stupid promoters, those shows never happened. I just find it kinda funny and really ironic that here I am, living in the States thinking I have bit of an advantage to see some of the bands I’ve always wanted to see and there you are, playing in my home country, far faaar away before I ever get to see you live in action… haha Now, if this isn’t ironic, I don’t know what is! Anyway, I actually think this whole tour is REALLY cool. I hope you’ve had a great time both in Greece and Turkey, and that you’ll have lots of stories to tell when you get back. I’m really envious that I won’t be seeing you in Istanbul tonight but God knows I’ve been telling everyone I know back at home to go, as this is a show no one should miss!

I hope everyone has a safe trip and I’ll be looking forward to hearing your stories and hopefully, seeing some footage and pics!

Y’all rock big time! \m/

~Ilknur

we're back!! what an amazing adventure - the trip back seemed to take forever but we're all home safe. ^alexander was the first song we played in the athens set so maybe that's why heathers guitar isn't big in the house mix yet. and we never got the right connections for the co2 so thats straight outta the can - one on each side. impressive huh - made me say woah cool hahahh
it'll take me awhile to photobucket my pics - and there's lots of stories to follow \m/