The Man

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Just wanted to drop a note to thank you on all the cds that are comeing in during this crapie year.. I know its been a pain in the butt....but ive been with you for 17 yrs ordering Keep up the good work....(""Now, Bring in Millenium --The Sin"") LOL

So the other day I was listening to successive albums in which Ken had a part. I hadn’t planned the listening session to just include them. It just happened. Wasn’t the first time, doubt it’ll be the last.

Would I have what I now have to listen to if not for Ken? Who knows. It is uncanny though how many, what are for my ears, great albums in which he’s been involved directly or indirectly––Szobel, Out of Myself, A Sceptic’s Universe, Then Comes Affliction to Awaken the Dreamer, NeBeLNeST, Hinterland––on and on it goes.

A search for Devil’s Hall of Fame brought me to Laser CD, brought me joy. I feel so lucky to have found the site.

So yes, Ken is The Man.

Reactions: Liquid Tension
So the other day I was listening to successive albums in which Ken had a part. I hadn’t planned the listening session to just include them. It just happened. Wasn’t the first time, doubt it’ll be the last.

Would I have what I now have to listen to if not for Ken? Who knows. It is uncanny though how many, what are for my ears, great albums in which he’s been involved directly or indirectly––Szobel, Out of Myself, A Sceptic’s Universe, Then Comes Affliction to Awaken the Dreamer, NeBeLNeST, Hinterland––on and on it goes.

A search for Devil’s Hall of Fame brought me to Laser CD, brought me joy. I feel so lucky to have found the site.

So yes, Ken is The Man.
Thanks. I've proud of all those albums you mentioned. Each one was very memorable for me - perhaps in ways people would never imagine.

If you want to see something fun I participated in check out this video. Pete Pardo of Sea Of Tranquility asked me to be on a panel regarding Canterbury prog:

Let me know how I made out with my picks.

Reactions: Joey Jojo
I would most definately have to add a huge Thank You as well to "The Man" Ken!
(Especially after seeing that Sylvan shipped!!! ;))
Many thanks Ken for all this great music!

I have been buying music on LPs since the late 70s. I was a late adopter to the world of CDs and only started buying those at the end of the 80s with the seeming death of the LP at the time. In 1990, my 1,500 LP collection was lost in what I will just call tragic circumstances and I only walked away with the 50 or so CDs that I had accumulated up to that point.

Fast forward to 2021, and having just completed a full inventory of my CDs because of our recent move to our-newly completed retirement home in Arizona, I now have 8,500+ albums on CD and more than 11,000 CDs in total (accounting for multiple-disc sets). As I completed this inventory (yes, too much time on my hands being retired in the middle of a pandemic), I assessed that at least a 25% of my collection has been sourced from Ken.

To Ken, we say thanks for all the great music recommendations over the years, the competitive and always reasonable pricing and the timely delivery of the music we love. One of these days, I will make it out to Jersey and we will spend a long while discussing music... :)

Thanks. I've proud of all those albums you mentioned.
For cripes sake, meant to, but didn't include The Fullness of Time. Another great one you were involved in that's among my favorites.

Each one was very memorable for me - perhaps in ways people would never imagine.
Every now and then I wonder about how the sausage is made. Another part of me is afraid to know—it might ruin the romantic vision the end product gives me. Although, obviously you’ve maintained your love of the Music while being involved in the sausage making. Your journey must’ve been a fascinating and rewarding one, and you’re not through yet. There’s a book there, I’m sure.
If you want to see something fun I participated in check out this video. Pete Pardo of Sea Of Tranquility asked me to be on a panel regarding Canterbury prog:
Let me know how I made out with my picks.
You're right. It was fun. I enjoyed it, thanks. I watched all but about 10 minutes; ran out of time. I'm not eligible to grade your picks (but you were right about which pick everyone was supposed to be on, :lol:). Thanks to you guys, this morning I donned some headphones and listened to In the Land of Grey and Pink, The Rotters’ Club and Bundles. (The latter does/did grab hold of me more, maybe because it’s more explicitly fusion oriented.) I do appreciate some of the musicianship/compositions Canterbury brings to the table but other stuff is far ahead of it for me.