The MIKE ALEXANDER Memorial Shows

So gutted about last night, it's horrible knowing I can't make it down, makes it seem like I didn't give a shit. Ugh.

@Chipmonkcheeks, send me yr paypal address and also yr mobile number in a pm so I can send you the money and give you a wee text tonight love.

@Dave, give me a text if yr needing anyone to talk to, mind I'm here.

I'll post a full blog soon.

I have to say, I was absolutely astonished at the turnout - it was almost surreal. It was god to see a lot of people who I haven't seen in a long time (Matt, Ol and Ben included of course, I love you guys) and meet a lot of new people. I just feel like an asshole for crying through most of it.

Massive props to everyone who turned up, all the bands who played and everyone else involved though. Truely magnificent.

I'm heading out the door very shortly and heading for Camden. I'll be propping up the bar in the World's End for a while before the show. I'm the fat hairy git covered in Motorhead patches - Laters:kickass:

I'll be there in spirit.
Damn Atlantic Ocean being in the way prohibits me from joining you guys. :(

Wow, thats me just arrived home, what a fuckin night, it was the most perfect tribute to Mike, the energy of the bands, the crowd made it just right, credit must go to those that put in all that hard work into organising this memorial show, special credit goes to Ol, Matt & Ben for the courage, not only to perform but getting through the entire set and smiling knowing that is what Mike would have wanted.

I noticed Dave said he was ashamed of his tears, Dave don't be, I had to move away from the stage when Mike's mother went on stage to give her speech, it was a moving speech and I don't think anyone couldn't shed a tear, I was fortunate enough to have a moment with Mike's mum as I was coming out the toilet to dry my face.

On a lighter note, Matt, ye cannae sing mate, let Ben take over :lol::lol::lol:

(Seriously I have never heard a better cover of Seek and Destroy in all my life, Ben is a man full of surprises)

Oh and a personnal thanks from me to Dave and his bandmates for looking after me and making sure I was ok and everything, it was great to meet you in flesh and yeah yer cute

It sucks to be in a country possesed by gaypop somtimes:( Wish I was in England rite now (even tough I was pretty close when I was in Scotland this year)

(Seriously I have never heard a better cover of Seek and Destroy in all my life, Ben is a man full of surprises)

You think that was "suprising", you should see him in the other band...

Had a fucking A night, was good hanging out with Dave and chums before hand, sorry I didn't chat to you more at the gig mate. Had a lot of catching up with people to do, infact I missed most of the first 3 sets for it. Sorry I didn't come find you, Slatanic, should really have done that but I'm gonna site the same reason again for not doing so. Little else to say but... Fuck yeah!

That was the best gig I have been too, not that i've been to many. Thing that stood out for me was when Ol brought out Mikes bass's and i realised that there was no one to play them.
All the covers were excellent and everything :D Mass Hypnosis & Gamabomb were great.

@ Siobhan: What number do you want 147, 148 or 149? I put them down in my name cause i don't know yours or phone number and stuff.

@ Matt: The tits in the creeping death was fucking awesome!!!!

That was the best gig I have been too, not that i've been to many. Thing that stood out for me was when Ol brought out Mikes bass's and i realised that there was no one to play them.
All the covers were excellent and everything :D Mass Hypnosis & Gamabomb were great.

@ Siobhan: What number do you want 147, 148 or 149? I put them down in my name cause i don't know yours or phone number and stuff.

I text the number you gave me, did it not work? :erk:

Eeeeeeeeeeh, I'll take 148...I think...yes....148! Remind me in the morning and I'll stick that money through, forgot to do it tonight and I'm too sleepy to try and find my bank card! :zombie: (Tempted to buy two off you :rolleyes::lol:) I jest.

:( at the bit in bold.

Just got back from the Underworld. That was a seriously intense and emotional night. There was no family there tonight, so Ol, Matt and Ben read statements from them all. I lost it when Ol read the statement from Mike's sons, especially at their promise to look after their baby sister, and then with the statement from his partner and then his mother, then things got very emotional indeed.

All the bands were brilliant, and the covers set was awesome, with Ol, Matt and Ben playing some Metallica covers for he first time since the Metal Militia days over 5 years ago. We got a couple of extra covers that weren't played last night, namely Raining Blood and Master of Puppets (both with Nick Barker on the drums). We didn't get Ol on drums or Ben on guitar tonight, but he did sing Seek and Destroy again, and a damn good job he did too.

All in all, an unforgetable night, and a worthy send off for Mike, and it really makes me feel proud to be a Heavy Metal fan.

Rest in peace Mike my old mate, see you on the other side.:headbang::kickass:

You think that was "suprising", you should see him in the other band...

Had a fucking A night, was good hanging out with Dave and chums before hand, sorry I didn't chat to you more at the gig mate. Had a lot of catching up with people to do, infact I missed most of the first 3 sets for it. Sorry I didn't come find you, Slatanic, should really have done that but I'm gonna site the same reason again for not doing so. Little else to say but... Fuck yeah!

Don't sweat it too much mate, you weren't there just to see me, the most important thing was we were paying tribute to Mike, that is all that matters, nothing else, maybe in a less sombre occassion in the future we might get the opportunity to meet but as I said it's not the be all, end all.

I'm curious about the other band, do tell

I text the number you gave me, did it not work? :erk:

Eeeeeeeeeeh, I'll take 148...I think...yes....148! Remind me in the morning and I'll stick that money through, forgot to do it tonight and I'm too sleepy to try and find my bank card! :zombie: (Tempted to buy two off you :rolleyes::lol:) I jest.

I might have given you the wrong number then :oops:

Yeah, me too! I'm absolutely black and blue (but in the best possible cause, right?). I was talking to some kid who was so shitfaced he couldn't feel that he had obviously broken his thumb in the pit. I bet he feels it now!:zombie: