The missing link between Pink Floyd and the 21st century?

brimpo

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2006
I've recently heard the british band Pure Reason Revolution and really dig them. I have been searching the internet for more info about them (i.e., videos, live tracks etc) and can only find the standard bio stuff. They have a great sound (psychedelic without being over indulgent) and was wondering if anyone knew a bit about them.

~justin

Never heard of 'em. Pink Floyd is awesome. If they sound anything like PF I would probably dig em. I would say the true links to Pink Floyd in our time are Tool or Opeth. Not so much because of sound but because of style and content.

Boru said:
Never heard of 'em. Pink Floyd is awesome. If they sound anything like PF I would probably dig em. I would say the true links to Pink Floyd in our time are Tool or Opeth. Not so much because of sound but because of style and content.

agreed

Tool more so in my opinion than Opeth.

I would love to see a Tool and Opeth tour.
I would also like to see Tool do an acoustic album.

I would say the purest stylistic link between Floyd and modern music would have to be Radiohead, especially the Radiohead that recorded OK Computer. Tool are too talented rhythmically to be much like Floyd, who were more focused on atmosphere and mood than any instrumental dexterity. In that sense, I would link Tool more closely to King Crimson, who dealt both in the dispension of mood and also intricacy in musical arrangement and playing.