The most chilling moment...

Towelie

A God in my own mind
Nov 15, 2001
Atlanta and Chicago
Visit site
in an Opeth song to me is in White Cluster... the whole part when he's saying he'll forge himself into the dreams of the hangman... and when he's dead... he'll come for him... that sends chills down my spine every time.... "Hangman clutching at his tools... I will come for you" yadda yadda...

"Darkness reared its head
Tearing within the reeling haze
Took control, claiming my flesh
Piercing rage, perfect tantrum
Each and every one would die at my hand
Choking in warm ponds of blood"

from "serenity painted death"

White Cluster- " Noose is tied murmur though the crowd, Plunging into anywhere but here."

Face of Melinda " I took her by the hand to say, all fate forever has been led astray, I return for you in great dismay, Come with me far away to stay" " Endlessly gazing in nocturnal prime, she spoke of her vices and broke the rhyme, Baffled herself with the final line, My promise is made but my heart is thine"

Demon of the Fall- "in just one second and i was left with nothing, her fragance still pulsating in the damp air, this day came to an end, and she had lost in me her credence"

Serenity Painted Death - Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmme with the mooooooooon !

Btw, i always thought that when he says "I will come for you" in white cluster, he's addressing Melinda...:err:
but you brought up a nice view...

SOOOO many moments but I always like the beginning of blackwater Park, the sound that kicks in the instruments ( the first 5 seconds) That sound is Blackwater Park in a nutshell, it sets the atomsphere. :confused:

Oh, and " Dispel the mist, for now. Melinda is the reason why ive come" then it goes into that sweet riff followed by another.

To bid you farewell, what Transfixed said.

And....I love this one too. from The night and the silent water...." Am I like them, those who morn and turn away, those that would give anything to see you again, if only for another second" ... My best freind and fellow songwriter died last year and that whole song reminds of it...especially that part.

The beginning of BWP is awesome. It sends chills. Also Harvest, the whole thing. I can't move when that song comes on. I don't listen to it in school anymore because I got in trouble last time. I just sat there staring at my cd player with my mouth open like some kind of deranged psycho.:err:

i would say that the climax on Demon of the fall....

"...run away, run away, run away....just one second, and i was left with nothing. Her fragance still pulsating through damp air. That day came to an end. And she had lost in me, her Credence."

Also Harvest, the whole thing. I can't move when that song comes on.

I agree with you too.