The Mystery Band Update!

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
double-facepalm-picard-riker-e1282156339579.jpg

Double epic facepalm....

I tried. I fucking tried. I even kicked in additional money out of my own pocket above the original offer to get it done. I was led to believe there was a legitimate chance to make it happen. Nope. It turns out that it could have taken months to get a confirmation and the chances of that were 50/50. Those are not my kind of odds regardless of who you are.

*sigh*

I want to thank the private individuals that stepped up to the plate and offered sponsorship type funds to make it a possiblity. I will not release the names of those indivduals. I will also not release the name of the band I was after at this time either. I'd probably be dumb enough to try it again later so I may as well not ruin it now.

That said....

It's still on bitches! We just have to re-adjust our expectations. I can no longer afford to alter the upper portion of the roster. However, I will *still* book an additional band in a lower spot. Since all the donations are coming from the forum and hardcore prog/power regulars, my selection will be for you. It will not be to prop up ticket sales or appeal to folks that have not attended the festival. I'm going to find a band that fits the core of the festival.

I realize that some of you donated based on my previous description of going after a unique performance in a higher slot. If you do not trust me to find a quality band based on what you have just read, drop me a line. I'll give you every dollar back. I do not take you for granted and I do not wish that in return.

Otherwise, I promise you a kick-ass band. Trust me.

Sorry this didn't work out Glenn. I had a feeling since it was taking so long for an announcement. Good luck with round #2

Sorry to hear that Glenn ... sucks.

I'll put my vote in for Wolverine on the prog side, or Mystic Prophecy on the power side. The timing for Wolverine is good ... new disc comes out in April.

Britt

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. That being said, here's a few lower to mid level bands I would like to see. Don't know if it's financially feasible because of the visas, etc. But what the hell!

Mystic Prophecy
Dark Moor
Anthriel
Secret Sphere
Darkwater
Division By Zero
Cloudscape
Thessera
Silent Memorial
Hangar
Pythia
Scar Symmetry
Alkemyst
Anubis Gate

And did I mention Mystic Prophecy? :D

Reaction A) Suspense over! Yay!
Reaction b) New suspense! bah!

It's still on bitches! We just have to re-adjust our expectations. I can no longer afford to alter the upper portion of the roster. However, I will *still* book an additional band in a lower spot. Since all the donations are coming from the forum and hardcore prog/power regulars, my selection will be for you. It will not be to prop up ticket sales or appeal to folks that have not attended the festival. I'm going to find a band that fits the core of the festival.

Sounds Good.

I will *still* book an additional band in a lower spot. Since all the donations are coming from the forum and hardcore prog/power regulars, my selection will be for you. It will not be to prop up ticket sales or appeal to folks that have not attended the festival. I'm going to find a band that fits the core of the festival.

Trust me.
Ah, bloody hell. Sorry, it worked out that way for you. But, yea, I trust you and I'm very excited to see what you come up with next. Thanks for taking care of us. Always know you will. Now...let's see what's up next! Can't wait.

Would indeed like to see Machine Men, but there's so many more. Pull a rabbit, Glenn.

LOVE the mystery...makes the "off season" much more interesting. No worries Glenn, I know the band that lands the gig will be killer!

Reading the other posts I got the fever to pitch a band too...ya know, Apollo couldn't make it with Firewind a couple years back, would love to see him make his PP debut with:

SPIRITUAL BEGGARS!!! :kickass:

Do you plan on booking a "returning band" or will it be a "PP 1st timer"? Or is it too early to ask that question?

I will *still* book an additional band in a lower spot.

Freedom Call.

As much as I would love to see Freedom Call @ ProgPower, I don't think they qualify as a "lower spot"...not a headliner obviously, but not a lower spot. But then again, Eldritch is in spot #3, and I always thought if they played PP they would be in a 4th or 5th slot, so we never know...

Maybe Glenn can convince Paradox to reunite! (I know, I know, I know, its not happening, but I'll never stop hoping!)

Serenity would be GREAT, but I recall, after their cancellation from PPIX, Glenn said something along the lines of "anyone who wants to see this band should book a trip to Europe..." (If I am wrong about that, please correct me!), so I doubt that's gonna happen.

I'm not gonna bother making a list of who I'd like it to be. I'm sure it will be great. Hopefully it's a band that I've been longing to see, though.

Apollo couldn't make it with Firewind a couple years back, would love to see him make his PP debut with:

SPIRITUAL BEGGARS!!! :kickass:
It would be GREAT to see Apollo! I wish he'd get back with Time Requiem. They are my favorite band Apollo has been with. The Inner Circle of Reality is still one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time.

*cringes at the thought of Freedom Call being booked*

Anyways... here are some bands I'd like to see:

Shaman
Hibria
Serenity (I know, I know)
Clandestine
Mercenary
Shadow Gallery (I know they deserve a higher spot)
Myrath
Fairyland
Cirrha Niva
Mercenary
Hangar

Awww, sorry it didn't work out. :( Those odds do sound terrible, though. Thanks for the update!

If this is turning into a wishlist thread, I'm going to echo the mentions of Serenity (however unlikely), Dark Moor, Clandestine (that posted song is kickass), and Myrath, and add Falconer, To-Mera, Ancient Bards, ReVamp (though they're probably higher-slot), Amberian Dawn, and Triosphere.

Glenn, How about throwing one at the Chicago Mafia........Manilla Road! Good for a lower spot, will probably come cheap, and you might actually get Jasonic to the festival. :lol::lol::lol: