The N.W.O.B.H.M tour in Germany.

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
I'm surprised that no one has commented on this tour. There were a couple of things that surprised me when I read about it.

N.W.O.B.H.M is a very British thing. It was the thing that really kick started Heavy Metal as we know it. So why is the tour just in Germany and not one single date in Britain?

Saxon are just going to play songs that they recorded in the 1980's. So that means nothing off the first album then, no 'Backs To The Wall', 'Stallions Of The Highway', 'Judgement Day', 'Frozen Rainbow', 'Still Fit to Boogie' etc. These are amongst Saxons best songs.

I suppose the tour is something a bit different, a nice bit of nostalgia. But to be honest I'm not sure I would like to see a Saxon show without songs from the 1990's and 2000's. Some of Saxons best songs have come from the last four albums.

Good thread Pax.

It would be great to see one of these style shows in the UK. (Just for the novelty factor) Perhaps this is the 3 hour show they promised???

I'm sure the tour blurb may be a typo or something as they are ,likely to play all songs from that period inc. Stallions of the Highway etc. as it encompasses the NWOBHM period.

In reality I probably won't make it to Berlin, but hey I can dream.....................

Hi,

if I understand it right, it is not a "Saxon Tour", more parties done by the german mag "Rock Hard" with having DJs playing HM before and after the Saxon show...only my guess, though.

Hang on! Celebrate the New Wave of British Heavy Metal in Britain!! Tsk! Tsk! Shame on you Paxoman! This would mean people having fun instead of looking at their shoes. Fun?! The fashion police would never allow it! And rightly so! :tickled: