"The new album sucks" <-----If this is you post here because noone want more spamming

Because they don't like it. I don't consider anyone who believes that a band puts out 100% good material as a loyal fan. A loyal fan is someone who can admit that their favorite band does have hit & miss songs/albums.

Okay, so what you're saying is, because Hypocrisy hasn't put out a song that I don't like that I'm not a "loyal fan", in other words? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! So, I guess that would make me an unloyal Morbid Angel fan as well? :confused:

Originally posted by Doucheman
Okay, so what you're saying is, because Hypocrisy hasn't put out a song that I don't like that I'm not a "loyal fan", in other words? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! So, I guess that would make me an unloyal Morbid Angel fan as well? :confused:
Unless you are actually able to admit that a band cannot be right 100% of the time, I do not believe that you can actually appreciate what the band is trying to go for. No band on earth thinks all of their material is perfect. Even ask Peter, he has said that he thinks many songs are bad. I think if you like 100% of the material, you are just blindly accepting what the band is doing no matter what, without really putting each piece/riff/song into perspective.

I can appreciate what you are trying to say, but I still strongly disagree. You seem to be implying that because I can't think of a Hypocrisy song I don't like, that I am not a dedicated fan, and that perhaps I lack the ability to totally dissect musical compositions. Let's take Slayer, for instance, another band I am a huge fan of. I will stand firm that while albums like Diabolus In Musica and Divine Intervention do not come close to matching godly pieces of work like Hell Awaits or Reign In Blood, I still think they are good albums, but that they do have some weaker songs. I will admit that there are some Hypocrisy albums that are stronger than others, but does it make me less of a fan of the band if I can admit that I dig their new album in it's entirety? Sorry, but a bad song or a bad riff jumps out at me immediately, and it's not something I feel I have to go searching for or "put into perspective". Perhaps it just means that I have a different musical taste than you and approach things differently...