The New Album Thread

I can't wait for your new album
When i first heard your song 'theocracy' i was so, amazed, i just had to listen to it about 20 times, and i still like it. it takes a lot for me to like a song after listening to it that many times. So it's only recently i've gotten into your music. I want to buy the album as soon as possible. You must be a very creative person to write such good songs.

Everything seems to be so perfect! Man, the guitar sound is awesome, the drums are awesome and the bass...everything's just perfect! Don't know how I survive all waiting :D I have that new teaser as ringtone on my cellphone :rofl:

i was impressed with the first album. I thought it was well writen both musicly and lyricly. Keep up the good work!

Hi guys, hi Matt,

I definitely agree, Theocracy is one of the best, first album was not comparable with others and the bandname rocks.
Lyrics were very, very strong too!

Keep it up!

Too bad we got to wait a bit longer, but I totally agree that this is my most anticipated album from the year.

I am very glad Theocracy has a VERY good drummer!

Clip sound svery good. I recognize the riff you play from a big movie file some time ago. It sounds awesome like this, together with the drums.

Wish you all the best finishing!

Hello Matt, have you record a Christmas song ??? Where i can found it ???
Thank you and good Christmas :saint:

I can't wait for the new Theocracy album Matt. I keep telling all my friends about your band and the new Christmas Medly you put up. I'm gonna play it basically for my whole school around lunchtime. You get a lot of word of mouth goin round my school man. :headbang:

Hi Guys--
A quick update for ya. Things are still rolling along pretty well around here, though I keep running into various obstacles, mainly due to my studio computer not really being powerful enough to handle the workload. So I'm having to split songs up into short clips and work that way. It takes forever and is quite annoying, but I'm still moving forward as best I can.

I'm about one day behind where I'd like to be at the moment, but I'm going to try to make up that time with a long night tonight. My goal is to be done with the third and final phase of drum editing by Friday (I will be the happiest guy ever at that point--talk about a steep learning curve), and then I plan to spend the weekend re-amping the rhythm guitars to get the final guitar tone like I want it. SO...if I'm able to pull this off, guitars and drums should be basically done by Monday or Tuesday! :OMG:

After that, I'll hit the ground running to finish the rest of the vocals. My goal is to be ready to start prepping for the mix by the end of the month. That's probably pushing it, but if I shoot for that, hopefully I won't be too far off.

So that's where we stand right now!

Argh, the rental place I deal with sent like 4 trucks of equipment to Miami for some kind of cruise, so the amp I was going to get was on a boat somewhere. That's OK though, I have plenty to do and can re-arrange the schedule accordingly, to not lose any time.

Sounds Awesome Matt!!! Can't wait.

When I first logged on to check the Theocracy forums, I wondered if the new albums was released yet. when it wasn't.. i thought that it was too bad but understandable given Matt Smiths "do-it-yourself" approach to recording and mixing.

But then I thought.. Wait,.. I've been waiting for Symphony X's new album just as long as I've been waiting for Theocracy's.

I think the "rule of thumb" here is that Good things are worth waiting for and not rushed.

I never get a reason to use this 'smilie' ---> :puke: