the new album ...

The new album seems to sound more like the first two. It's a step backwards if you ask me. Nowhere near as catchy or great as Burden of Truth. But it's not entirely bad either

Uhhhh...the first two are darned catchy if you ask me! Again, I haven't heard the album yet, but I'm sure it won't disappoint.

~Brian~

Hi guys!I'm a newbie here so I thought I'd start off by this topic...
I've listened to the album numerous times cause I'm gonna do the review for the greek edition of the Rock Hard magazine

I must agree that the album is not as impressive as Burden of Truth was( or should I say epic), however my opinion is that it's still a great album.

It's got a lot of well written and catchy tunes, the production is amazing and Zak's voice is in a very good shape although is getting kinda raspy as years go by!

Can't wait to see the live again on the new tour!
Check out www.myspace.com/savatagelegiongreece for the tune "Soulbreaker"

Definately one more fine release from CIIC...Thumbs up guys!!

Hi guys!I'm a newbie here so I thought I'd start off by this topic...
I've listened to the album numerous times cause I'm gonna do the review for the greek edition of the Rock Hard magazine

I must agree that the album is not as impressive as Burden of Truth was( or should I say epic), however my opinion is that it's still a great album.

It's got a lot of well written and catchy tunes, the production is amazing and Zak's voice is in a very good shape although is getting kinda raspy as years go by!

Can't wait to see the live again on the new tour!
Check out www.myspace.com/savatagelegiongreece for the tune "Soulbreaker"

Definately one more fine release from CIIC...Thumbs up guys!!

Dude, thanks for turning me onto the Savatage Legion Greece fan page! :headbang::kickass:

~Brian~

I finally bought DOG yesterday and overall I do like the band's fourth effort. With that said, I do feel like it was a little rushed, because it seems to be a bit thrown together. Watching In Silence is still my favorite from the band, because I think it's the closest to any Zak era Savatage album, both writing and sound wise. I do hope that Zak and the band are able to go in a different direction on the next effort, back to more of the style of Watching In Silence. Overall, I do like this latest disc and hope to see them on the upcoming tour.

~Brian~

I like BoT 1000x's better than this one. I think had they taken a little more time in mixing, it would've turned out better

Also, Why did they repurpose Zak photo from WIS on this album? And also, has anyone noticed that Zak's entire pinky is missing in both albums yet is in both MoK & BoT LOL!!

Finaly I have found the forum again (gee, about one year later or what?!).
I like delusion of grandeur. To be honest, I didn't really like Burden of Truth, don't know why exactly. But I'm happy that DoG sounds more like the first two albums.

(and sorry again for my very bad english writing)