What are your favourite Kiss video clips?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think that song even comes close to such great tracks as Look What The Cat Dragged In, I Want Action, Cry Tough, #1 Bad Boy, Play Dirty, Nothin' But A Good Time, Back On The Rocking Horse, Fallen Angel, Look But You Can't Touch, Valley Of Lost Souls, (Flesh & Blood) Sacrifice, Life Goes On, Come Hell Or High Water, Ride The Wind, Don't Give Up An Inch, Ball & Chain, Life Loves A Tragedy, etc.??? No way in hell!!

Originally posted by The Trooper
Spawny you need to listen to VVI again I think. You're dillusional.

The debut, not All Systems Go.

Im delusional? *IM* delusional? Ill eat Ayers Rock if any VVI album is as metal OR as heavy as Slave To The Grind. I honestly cant believe im arguing this, I never ever thought in a million years anyone would honestly say that VVI is more metal or heavier than STTG!

Then I met Troops!

Oh, and I'll make one comment which I've never heard anybody mention before, and which many, many people will disagree with me on:

"Youth Gone Wild" sounded the death knell for glam. Everything changed after that.

Now Troops, this is for your own good, you have to live in the NOW.
You see, we are at now now.
You cant go back to then.
Why?
Because you missed it.
When will then be now?
Never.

Sorry Troops :)

Oh, and the reason Poison tour with old 80s bands is because noone else would be seen dead letting Poison open for them, let alone headline :D

Sounds like you all need a nice, slow, comfortable fisting up the arse.

(No offence intended, that's just the funniest thing I've heard today and I had to use it)

:D

Originally posted by Kem
Sounds like you all need a nice, slow, comfortable fisting up the arse.

(No offence intended, that's just the funniest thing I've heard today and I had to use it)

:D
:lol:

That reminds me of one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I was talking to this guy once, and he said he wanted to write a ballad called 'When I look into your eyes (I wanna fist you in the arse)'.

LMAO! :lol:

This thread is hilarious. I love sitting back and watching you people bicker. :lol:

I came to this thread late, so excuse me if I quote and comment on old posts. I shall begin.

I don't give a rat's arse about KISS (although I adore Crazy Nights), but as someone who's lived with Poison since they hit the scene I must comment on some of these ludicrous comments.

"Talk Dirty To Me" (worst Poison song ever!)

this is a moronic statement - have you heard every Poison song? Do you even appreciate what good glam is? There's a reason why this song threw them into the glam melee - it's pure, simple, energetic glam. Comments like this make me wonder if you even know what glam is!

Their first album is bubblegum hard rock - it wasn't until Flesh & Blood that they really hit their stride and showed what they could do.

How are Bon Jovi heavier? And just look at them now too. Bon Jovi have been doing modern pop-rock and playing pop festivals, and Poison are still doing sleazy LA hard rock and playing the "Glam Slam Metal Jam" type festivals with other 80s metal bands.

Perhaps because the only gigs Poison can get are with other bands from the 80s who can't pull their own audiences. Bon Jovi can still pull thousands into arena shows.

Originally posted by Spiff
I refuse to even call a band that ever included Mark Slaughter in their line up "metal". And I said late 80s, meaning... well, late 80s.

Not to forget Dana Fucking Strum! :puke:

I am well aware that Poison only play the '80s metal nostalgia tours because:
a) nobody else cares about them
b) they need to have lots of support bands to pull the crowds.

I was just saying that Poison are a heavier band and the fact that they are part of the hard rock/metal scene rather than the mainstream rock scene partly highlights that.

Ok fine you don't like Dana Strum and Mark Slaughter. Well they might've done all the writing/producing in Slaughter who I know alot of people hate but we are talking about Vinnie Vincent Invasion here and:

a) Neither Dana or Mark wrote a single note in Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Vinnie did 100% of the writing on All Systems Go, and only 2 songs on the debut were co-written and that was by Robert Fleischmann on one song and some guy who he wrote Back On The Streets with Vinnie in '83.
b) Vinnie Vincent hates those 2 and those 2 hate him. So if you hate Dana and Mark you share the same feeling with VV.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion was purely a VV project. Apart from the high pitched vocals, they have nothing in common with Slaughter's sound. And anybody who thinks that VVI are not metal has obviously never heard them. Go look up any review of the debut album.

Here are some quotes from the review at www.metal-reviews.com:

From the patterned songwriting of Kiss to an explosive and razor-tearing distortion driven machine, guitarist Vinnie Vincent sets in front of us a non-stop platter of soaring vocals and riffs. Heavy to the extreme, with solos packed into every niche imaginable. A truly blistering package.

In all, a tremendous mix of '80s lyric writing and near power/extreme music. A must for fans of flash guitar, if you can still find it around.

Maybe you should have a listen for yourself and give them a go before you criticize them based on members who didn't even contribute to the songs and who Vinnie doesn't even like.

And about "Talk Dirty To Me", I know that it isn't the worst Poison song ever that wasn't meant literally, it was just an exaggeration highlighting how much I don't like it. Glam to me is about the bad boy rock & roll attitude, that song has more of the bubblegum rock attitude that you were talking about. And I know they didn't hit their stride until Flesh & Blood, that's always been my fave Poison album and I never said Look What The Cat Dragged In was better, I said it was their heaviest because it has a Too Fast For Love rawness and feel.

Thats a lot of f**king typing right there Troops, anyone would think you are passionate about this subject :)

Of course passion blinds people, as it has to you. Poor sod. Slave To The Grind picks up Vinnie and does what Kem mentioned to him when it comes to being metal and extreme :D

They are just heavy in different ways that's all.

But I would expect somebody who thinks God Hates Us All is Slayer's best album to think Slave To The Grind is more metal ;) :p

The riffs in VVI are more strictly metal sounding. The "razor tearing" distortion on VVI is more metal haha. VVI has more fist-in-the-air metal drumming with ultra fast drum fills everywhere (Bobby rules), Skid Row has groovier heavy rock drumming. VVI has long fast ear piercing shredding, whether you like that or not it is undeniably an exclusively metal thing. The vocals are very metal on both.

As I said it's just different styles of metal but Skid Row's sound crosses over more to heavy rock as well (I'm not saying that's bad coz Skid Row's first 2 albums are 2 of my faves EVER) whereas Vinnie Vincent Invasion doesn't stray anywhere from the over the top '80s metal sound. I think even Skid Row consider themselves a heavy rock band rather than a heavy metal band now whereas ever since Invasion, Vinnie has only ever been a metal artist.

Skid Row's heaviness comes from its groove and the basslines and a "chunky" kinda sound, and aggressive vocal delivery. These are elements of all heavy rock really. VVI's heaviness comes from its non-stop assault of screaming guitars, piercing vocals and TONS of distortion with lots of highs in the tone.

The most metal of all glam bands though is Nitro. They sounded like a thrash/speed metal band with big hair playing party songs haha!

Nitro as well now? :rolley... Nope, its no good, even for this I cant do that stupid smiley :D

So VVI is more metal because it has wanky guitar solos? And you still havent explained how on earth VVI is anywhere near as heavy as Slave To The Grind!

Take a cold shower, flatten your hair, take off the spandex and sit down and have a good hard think young man, the only reason I am cutting you so much slack is because you are still a young boy. If anyone else had said the foolish things you have said in this thread to me, I would have punched them on the nose right away then kicked them in the sternum.

:)

No not because it has wanky solos I'm just saying the elements of VVI's music are purely metal elements whereas Skid Row's music also had elements of other types of heavy rock.

And I'm not saying VVI are heavier I'm saying they are heavy in different ways. Skid Row in a bassy way and VVI in an ear piercing way, as I've said 83276025 times now! :lol:

Nitro are extremely metal! This is how I describe Nitro:

Glam image and lyrics/attitude, but played with thrash metal riffs, blast beats, speed metal solos, and King Diamond on vocals (only a little higher).

Only a few songs on the debut are on the glammier side (Double Trouble, Freight Train, etc.) and even they still have those crazy King Diamond vocals and speed metal guitars, they just don't have the blast beats and thrash riffs like Bring It Down, Machine Gunn Eddie, Fighting Mad, etc. Those songs literally have the same type of drumming as Reign In Blood!

Roit, oi'l settle this. I've currently got 5 VVI songs and 5 STTG songs queued up in random orer. I'll post the results here in about and hour. Maybe more depending if lunch gets in the way.