The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

In America you can get like a 5 bajillion dollar fine for downloading a Metallica song. I bet that can't happen in China. We live in a record industry dictatorship here.

I mean, seriously, who the hell downloaded Load and Reload? They should have gone to jail just for their taste in music.

Don't you know that EMI,BMG,UMG and Warner all have branches in China ?
If a website leaked an album (especially an album by a famous artist), the website owner will be fined here. But people who downloaded it won't be fined.

Sometimes I wonder why Russians get that many illegal downloads. Is Russia still communist ? :loco:

Don't you know that EMI,BMG,UMG and Warner all have branches in China ?
If a website leaked an album (especially an album by a famous artist), the website owner will be fined here. But people who downloaded it won't be fined.

Sometimes I wonder why Russians get that many illegal downloads. Is Russia still communist ? :loco:

Haha it wasn't humor, it was TROLLING. /guilty as charged

I am totally aware that China is a seething beacon of capitalist consumer culture. I was playing on both your irritation with Defiance and your touchiness, though lightly. No offense was intended. ;)

I still think the government is corrupt, non-accountable and undemocratic. But the U.S. is two of those three right now, soooooooo...

Aaarrggh. Things are not like what you thought.
How come you think I will be caught or be punished? In China, nobody will be punished for browsing tweets on Twitter or watching Youtube videos. The ISP just technically block access to some websites without telling people why.

I'm not living in Iran, OK ?

I didn't answer all your questions about China because I was not in a good mood. Moreover, I was busy with my job and other stuff.
It really takes a lot of time to discuss stuff in English. I will try to answer you questions properly and explain more things about my country soon.

I dont use them, but we have similar softwares. A huge number of Chinese people use proxy softwares to avoid the filters. Besides that, one can buy VPN sevices. VPN is legal, but it's expensive here.

Well I'm not sure about that. There's still a lot of censorship in China, otherwise there wouldn't be Chinese-born people in the US creating programmes like UltraSurf.

Try reading this http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/11/ff_firewallfighters/

SEARING BACON

maple bacon

the best bacon

the only bacon

do they have maple bacon in China? i bet not!!!

Edit: I bet they don't got this neither: http://www.myjones.com/limited/bacon

:lol: Bacon-flavoured soda, holy crap. Makes me wanna puke just by looking at it! :yuk::ill::puke: (See? Yuk! Ill! PUKE!)

Haha even (Laura?) Bush told her to stay in Alaska hahaha.

Yeah mostly European, and they're coming to Tilburg as well which is like 40 km from here :D

And it snowed here too, we had a white christmas (the first since 1981 eh?) with enormous amounts of snow. About 30-35 cm here and 50 cm in the southeasternmost part of TN. My granddad said we haven't had this much since 1963.

Lol not in Russia. There was one chaotic day in Moscow's airport and Putin kicked their ass. The holidays for all the directors and responsibles for the airports have been suspended :lol: If only such things would happen here, just one bit of snow and the trains are down. The NS (Nederlandse Spoorwegen, Dutch Railways) bought several new trains last year, half of which is broken due to cold. The reason? They hadn't expected we would have any cold winters. Epic fail.

In other news: happy new year!

Let me guess, you don't even need snow for that? :lol:
Let's just say that the first September rains are enough to cause floodings and chaos in Athens the past few years.. As for trains, i wish we even had any new ones.

ch110102.gif