the new demons and wizards?

fat bastard

Nov 19, 2004
just got it and do enjoy it but find that some songs arent hitting me like they should. some of the songs like terror train or the gunslinger seem to reference to pre existing stories or concepts in the lyrics and my lack of understanding behind them kind of distances me from the tracks. i know that hansi used books for ideas in blind guardian but is the same thing going on here? hopefully someone can enlighten me so i can look at this album in a new light and maybe even start to enjoy some of these other tracks with a new understanding.

in most songs there are referances to stories , yes.... demons and wizards also is not new... blind guardian own... and the best song on that album is blood on my hands ... good bye

No shit, Sherlock.

Actually, NO, it's not. It's just John Schaffer. And it sucks just like the first one.

And nobody cares if you're having trouble listening to a cd. If it doesn't grab you then you just don't fucking like it that much. Move on to another cd.

actually i do like most of the cd and its been playing in my ear for the last couple days. i was only curious about some of the references. no need to be a dick and theres more to the world of metal than just black metal so i just crank it all.

actually i do like most of the cd and its been playing in my ear for the last couple days. i was only curious about some of the references. no need to be a dick and theirs more to the world of metal than just black metal so i just crank it all. you must be trying to boost your notoriety for that poll of eriks.

Thanks for posting the same thing post with the addition of one witty remark. Your contribution has made this place significantly brighter and better as a whole.

Dodens Grav said:
What does Black Metal have to do with the situation at all?
my bad, i just assumed from your icon that you were a black metal junkie. demons and wizards definitly wouldn t be your cup of tea then.

I like how you assumed that. It's funny to me. I laugh. See me laugh. :lol:

Demons And Wizards is magnificently overrated due to the people involved in the band. Iced Earth have been shit for over a decade, so having Schaffer be the songwriter of Demons And Wizards is a deathwish. Hansi is a fantastic vocalist, however, and Blind Guardian fucking rules (except A Night At The Opera, which makes me worry about the next release).

Dodens Grav said:
I like how you assumed that. It's funny to me. I laugh. See me laugh. :lol:

Demons And Wizards is magnificently overrated due to the people involved in the band. Iced Earth have been shit for over a decade, so having Schaffer be the songwriter of Demons And Wizards is a deathwish. Hansi is a fantastic vocalist, however, and Blind Guardian fucking rules (except A Night At The Opera, which makes me worry about the next release).
in all honesty hansi is the saving grace on this cd being that jon puts in a less than inspiring performance. hansi s talent overshadows jon totally and i actually listened to a night at the opera again yesterday. i like it for the most partbut i can see where you would worry. personally i would like them to go back to a more speed metal/ less epic approach just to show everyone that they can still rip it up :headbang: . i do appreciate the epicness however as it shows what they are capable of but some of the moments did get a little to medeivel/or softer than i would of liked. still a great band though.

crimson king, the terror train, the gunslinger and a few others(don't have cd in front of me right now) are based on the Stephen King 7 book collection The Dark Tower.