The New England Metal and Hardcore Festival

Personally, MAYH is my favorite album of theirs, because of the way the songs bleed into each other so well.

Anyways, yeah, I don't know why you would expect a playlist change, they said that this tour was an extension of their earlier winter tour to the states to do some places that they weren't able to get done in the first place.

Opeth is no way boring, if they played the same playlist 100X over I wouldn't complain.

AfAiRJudgEmenT said:
Personally, MAYH is my favorite album of theirs, because of the way the songs bleed into each other so well.

Anyways, yeah, I don't know why you would expect a playlist change, they said that this tour was an extension of their earlier winter tour to the states to do some places that they weren't able to get done in the first place.

Opeth is no way boring, if they played the same playlist 100X over I wouldn't complain.

You wouldn't? Wow. Some devotion you've got there. :tickled:

SADUDE said:
Deliverance is sub-Opeth because it lacks the effort. It asn't as layered as the past two. THe riffs repeat longer and the song structures also have become more repetetive. It has it's moments but overal it seems to drag on and on and on.

Maybe they didn't want the album with tons of layers like Blackwater, I think its better than Blackwater truthfully. Evreryone to their own but I think Deliverance is a masterpiece :Smug: Sometimes "simple" is better specially with Opeth standards, why make the song structures complex on every single album? IMO......Click!

ddicosmo said:
Noctuary put on a good show for a bunch of young kids. I was surprised to see how young those guys were. I liked their jam on Aces High by Iron Maiden.

well,I'm 20 (almost 21), our singer is 24, our bassist is 28, and our drummer is 37.

not that young:loco:

VangelicSurgeon said:
Actually i thought Lacuna Coil was horrible, very boring songs that all sounded the same, no dynamics at all. But I also thought Killswitch and Shadows Fall had the most enjoyable sets of the day, so maybe you wouldn't agree with me there. :) And yeah Cannae was definitly a pleasant surprise, they were much more metal than I was expecting and their singer is a great frontman.

Nevermore sounded awful but the Opeth set was amazing. They've come a long way from Milwaukee 2000! I just wish they had more flair on stage - they should take Lacuna Coil's stage presence since they have the songs to back it up!!

There was a lot of things wrong with the sound on Friday, the way it was mixed was wrong, the guitars were up, the drums were up, the bass was down and the vocals were down for LC. I did enjoy their set though. Besides I was singing along, so I really wasnt listening to them :)

I think Killswitch was good, (although I was avoiding being thrown into the pit by the people behind me) I think they have great stage presence. I love a band that puts everything they have into a set, even if it is only 20 minutes long. Most Precious Blood was great, (I had heard from my friend Pete (who's absolutely in love with the band) that theyre great performers, and he was right (besides that they're from Brooklyn.) So I had to support them! :0) Nora was new to me, but I enjoyed them so much I bought their CD. Shadowsfall was definitely top of my list before LC and Opeth came on. I enjoyed Opeth cause of the singalong :)

Hey sadistik thanks for the shirt. You guys threw one out and some other kid and myself had a tug-of-war going for it for a about 2 minutes. Noone was going to let go, so I just let him keep it. Then you guys through another one which i got. YOu guys were great, I bought your cd right after your set. I don't know why i am rambling now. It is ironically good to see something of this calibre come out of America.

SADUDE said:
Hey sadistik thanks for the shirt. You guys threw one out and some other kid and myself had a tug-of-war going for it for a about 2 minutes. Noone was going to let go, so I just let him keep it. Then you guys through another one which i got. YOu guys were great, I bought your cd right after your set. I don't know why i am rambling now. It is ironically good to see something of this calibre come out of America.
Were you wearing a denim vest and telling us about how your friend caught the shirt and gave it to you? If so, I remember you (we're always watchingo_O )!

Thanks for the kind words!

Yea, the sleeveless denim with the Death (Leprosy) back patch.
Are you guys recording anything new anytime soon? I noticed that "Whe Fires breed Blood" cd is 3 years old.

GOD DAMN YANKEE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN SUK MY REDNECK COCK AND CHOKE ON IT YOU FUKKING COCK SUKKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry-smiley-042.gif
angry-smiley-019.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-002.gif