the new green carnation and my latest cd haul

holy shit! i NEVER, even in my most hopeful imaginings, would have though that green carnation could POSSIBLY put out an album of equal caliber to that of their previous masterpiece "light of day, day of darkness". i was wrong! tchort and co. have released the album of the year for the second year in a row! wow! words cannot describe how powerful this album is!
:OMG: fucking amazing! 10/10

and now for the rest my haul over the past 2 weeks or so:

RUNNING WILD - Victory
THE HAUNTED - One Kill Wonder
TYPE O NEGATIVE - Slow, Deep and Hard
TYPE O NEGATIVE - The Origin of the Feces
SONATA ARCTICA - Winterheart's Guild
GRAVE DIGGER - Rheingold
ANNIHILATOR - King of the Kill
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - SYL
MY DYING BRIDE - The Voice of the Wretched
CROWN OF THORNS - Eternal Death
HALFORD - Live Insurrection
KATATONIA - Viva Emptiness
AT THE GATES - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
BATHORY - Blood Fire Death
DEAD CAN DANCE - The Serpent's Egg
DEVIN TOWNSEND - Physicist
DEVIN TOWNSEND - Accelerated Evolution
ARCTURUS - Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel
DEATH - Individual Thought Patterns
CANDLEMASS - Nightfall
CANDLEMASS - Ancient Dreams
CATHEDRAL - Hopkins Witchfinder General
VINTERSORG - Till Fjalls
ANATHEMA - Alternative 4
ANATHEMA - A Fine Day to Exit
ARCTURUS - The Sham Mirrors
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose the Swans
SATYRICON - The Shadowthrone
ULVER - Scenes from William Blake's. . .
ULVER - Nattens Madrigal
ENSLAVED - Beyond the Within

any thoughts???

Good haul, except The Haunted was a bit disappointing for me. Katatonia was vastly different to what I was expecting, albeit very good. Anathema's Fine Day to Exit is quite moving, and the two Arcturus albums are a good buy. If you like Power Metal, you can't get much better than the new Sonata Arctica.

The Annihilator, unfortunately, is the worst of the bunch in that list IMO. First two albums were phenomenal, and then the rest were literally deplorable.

eh. . . it's okay, could have been much worse, considering waters was pretty much a 1-man project. it isn't a great disch, not really speedy or thrashy, but it has some pretty kickass rockers, like "annihilator".

but yeah, that is definitely the most disappointing thing i've bought, although i was let down a bit by TON's 1st, but it was basically what i was expecting, but after listening to their later albums for the past couple of years. . . not even the same thing. . .

I've got that new Green Carnation on the way. Terrorizer gave it 9/10. That is very surprising, considering what I thought Terrorizer might think of the band's new direction. It must be quite a CD.

Black Winter Day said:
although i was let down a bit by TON's 1st, but it was basically what i was expecting, but after listening to their later albums for the past couple of years. . . not even the same thing. . .
That's what everybody always says and I couldn't disagree more. Sure there are a lot more hardcore elements, but that sound what they became to be known for was there too. Also, Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity is the best songtitle ever. :)

AT THE GATES - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
Excellent. "The Red..." is a bit better though.
BATHORY - Blood Fire Death
Still trying to decide if this or "Under The Sign..." is my favourite Bathory. Right now I lean towards Blood, Fire, Death. "A Fine Day To Die" is one of the best songs EVER.
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose the Swans
Still haven't gotten into this. Everyone loves it so I thought I'd try but I don't really like it yet.
SATYRICON - The Shadowthrone
Possibly the best Satyricon release. Good work.
ULVER - Nattens Madrigal
Great stuff. Hope you have the rest of the trilogie as well...
ENSLAVED - Beyond the Within
Most excellent opening track and quite a bit of not-too-interesting stuff after that... Decent album at best.