best bands for autumn and winter

for winter:

38_1_b.JPG

autumn: drudkh, primordial, cruachan, in the woods... , negura

winter: agalloch, in the woods (HotA & Omnio), early ulver, hate forest, enslaved, burzum (all eras)

NicodemiX said:
autumn: drudkh, primordial, cruachan, in the woods... , negura

winter: agalloch, in the woods (HotA & Omnio), early ulver, hate forest, enslaved, burzum (all eras)

Excellent list! :headbang:

Also, Woods of Infinity, EMPYRIUM, Tenhi (Kauan), Wyrkwid, Estatic Fear, Long Winter's Stare (Tears of Odins Fall), Borknagar (first album), Vinterriket, Summoning?

Why thank you Doomcifer. I feel like such an outcast here because I haven't gotten around to Empyrium yet...

oops, did I say that? :loco:

(its on my to buy list)

NicodemiX said:
Why thank you Doomcifer. I feel like such an outcast here because I haven't gotten around to Empyrium yet...

oops, did I say that? :loco:

(its on my to buy list)
Well, if you have ANY spare cash, and I do mean ANY :loco: ...go and get the entire discography immediately!!! :worship:

:worship: EMPYRIUM = :yow:

One Inch Man said:
You really do have huge signatures, and this one has been up for 2 days now, which I think is some sort of record.

The biggest I have seen was in the maudlin of the Well forum, during that Opeth v. motW war one dude (or chick, who knows) had about a hundred images of random items that were "> than Opeth." That was funny.
was that Greg B/kleo706? he had the hugest sig with screen captures and such...maybe his crowning achievement was going onto the neil turbin board and posting to 30-40 straight threads with nonsensical comments...

i don't really have so clear seasonal distinctions within music expect perhaps for (early)darkthrone which really works infinitely better when temperature drops below zero.

nicomediX: not having heard empyrium indeed makes you an outcast, and a dested one to boot. steal, rape or pillage if cash is the problem; the end will justify the means

When it's really icy cold, I like to blast some "Nightside Eclipse". Otherwise, I think I favour the Autumn soundscape.

Look people, regarding Empyrium, what does it take? Why are you spending money on other stuff before Empyrium - it makes no sense. If you like 'Autumnal' music such as early Ulver, Primordial, Drudkh, Agalloch, early Opeth, early Anathema, etc etc ad nauseum then how in goat heaven's name can you not own the entire Empyrium catalog? At minimum, hunt down Songs of Moors... and put away every other CD for a week until it has consumed your very being. None of this 'I listened to it once in the background' either - I'm talking full on headphones experience. 10/10 BUY OR DIE.

ITT, blast from the past: I recommend Skepticism to Dick Winter Day. o_O

JayKeeley said:
For me, if Farmakon was an image, it would be a silhouette of 5-6 bare trees on a hilltop. No snow, just grey sky and desolation.

How poignant. :tickled:

Anyway, we don't exactly have an "official" SUMMONING thread so this is as good as any to say:

x-summoning.jpg

It's official! It's their best album yet. :cool:

NADatar said:
Autumn - Type O Negative, Danzig, the Misfits, Samhain, old King Crimson

Winter - black metal, "cold" sounding melodic death, etc.

Holy crap, I forgot about the MYSTERIOUS GRAY FONTS that plagued us for about a week...

I can't believe I've been posting at RC for almost 3 years. That's it, I quit. I'm leaving for good this time...

Dick Sirloin said:
Holy crap, I forgot about the MYSTERIOUS GRAY FONTS that plagued us for about a week...
:lol: What a great reason to bump a year and a half old thread, concerning Autumn, during March.