The New Strapping Young Lad

Atlas Shrugged said:
I've only heard good things about the album. Until I came to the shit section of UM known as general discussion. Go fucking figure eh?

Enjoying annoying shit like SYL warrants you unworthy of carrying 'arrogant bastard' as your avatar.

Jean-Pierre said:
Enjoying annoying shit like SYL warrants you unworthy of carrying 'arrogant bastard' as your avatar.
I'm sure that if Devin were given the chance, he would apologise for not creating the generic 90s style thrash that you seem to constantly blabber on about.

merci said:
I'm sure that if Devin were given the chance, he would apologise for not creating the generic 90s style thrash that you seem to constantly blabber on about.

*I'm sure that if Devin were given the chance, he would tell me to shut the fuck up because Devin has nothing to do with Dark Angel. I'm a moron.

merci said:
He said SYL, not Dark Angel.

Feel free to bask in your imagined superiority though.

I thought you were alluding to a previous post where he said that Gene Hoglan should stop wasting his time and start focusing on a new Dark Angel album.

merci said:

1. "Time Does Not Heal" is Dark Angel's only 90's album.

2. "Time Does Not Heal" is anything BUT generic. In fact, it's ten times more complex, challenging, and heavier than any noisy, annoying SYL garbage.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Looks like you thought the same thing.

Ew @ challenging.
It seems pretty stupid to assume that I'm "alluding" to a post I didn't even quote in the first place. Quotes are generally used by posters to prevent this confusion.

It's good you know you're both on the same page though. In the book of complete idiocy.

And on that note, I've never heard a Dark Angel album in my life. And don't really plan to download one in the future either.

Jean-Pierre said:
I wasn't taking shots at him.

Was that supposed to be funny irony about misunderstanding who's saying what to what?

I wasn't talking to you, if not.

God I hate the internet sometimes. In real life, you can just fucking look at someone. On the internet you have to specifically delegate who you're talking to with stupid menus and crap. Technology can be such an inconv--*power loss*

I'Ve heard dark angel before... they were nothing impressing. SYL does impress me though. City is a masterpiece and a classic every metal fan should own. Jean-Pierre, you think Dark Angel is heavier than SYL??? Listen to Oh My Fucking God and Home Nucleoids ( sp? ), maybe you will think differently. Devin also has a great voice, Dark Angel singer doesn't.

AsModEe said:
I'Ve heard dark angel before... they were nothing impressing. SYL does impress me though. City is a masterpiece and a classic every metal fan should own. Jean-Pierre, you think Dark Angel is heavier than SYL??? Listen to Oh My Fucking God and Home Nucleoids ( sp? ), maybe you will think differently. Devin also has a great voice, Dark Angel singer doesn't.

Oh My Fucking God is just a massive wall of distortion, as is most SYL. OVER-DISTORTION =/= HEAVY. City is noise, stupid, idiotic noise chock full of samples, the most annoying vocals, and totally random passages that make no sense. No one in their right mind should own it. One good song (Detox...) doesn't make an album.

Don Doty was not a very talented vocalist, but suitable for the riff overload of Darkness Descends. Ron Rineheart is a very good vocalist, and a much better singer than Devin Townsend (who's voice makes me want to jab knives into my ears).

EDIT: Devin actually is a pretty good singer in his solo project, even though I can't stand that stuff either. But in SYL, his voice invokes lust to be beaten by a gorilla rather than listen to him.

We definitaly have different taste in music, because I think Oh My Fucking GoD is one of the greatest song ever, as is Underneath the Wave.

I never listened to his solo project though.

Jean-Pierre, considering you're an old school fan, maybe you will like Anonymus. They have a pretty old school style and you can download some of their songs on their site. I suggest you " Sous pression " to start with ( well... they would all fit as a first listen IMO ).