The newest band in Phoenix

There is no other band like Vehemence, thats one of the reasons i love them so much \m/

FuckYouIWantToDie said:
Nate-
looking forward to hearing your new band, I'm sure its gonna kick ass.

Losing money on tour does suck, but I am not ready to throw in the towel, I've invested way too much time into this to stop now.

Vehemence has not been a pure death metal band since TTFWIH. We never really fit in with the brutal death scene. I always thought we were a bit different. As far as the new material goes, no one has really heard it. Nate has heard one song that he actually wrote lyrics for which i thought ruled, and would be one of our best songs. It has melody, blast beats, guitar solos, tremelo picking, double bass, etc... At the core of it, it is definitely death metal.

The business definitely sucks, and that had everything to do with Nate's departure. It ain't easy being a metal band trying to "make it".

Nate era Vehemence rules. next era Vehemence is gonna rule too. Watch out!

I will only say that if "the new singers" are a sign of the direction for which the band chooses to go, I will grant my best wishes but I can't honestly say that I will go all over the web to promote it. Grabbing metalcore singers,whose trend in America I hope will die a painful death, is just a bad sign for a band that I thought was so awesome amongst so many death metal bands that try to out brutalize each other. I love brutal death don't get me wrong but vehemence was the one freshing change of pace.

The new trend is to hide their metalcore-ness by using more growls and technical riffs, but they cant fool me.

And the business will continue to suck until you actually make money, if you are in it for that solely...NATE, I miss you man!!! You are an awesome guy, and I hope to see you, Lisa, and the kids sometime in the future. I will be out there sometime visiting Dee, so maybe we can chill. Take it easy, and looking forward to hearing your new band!

Meshell-

the thing is, adam is neither a death metal or hardcore kid. He is just a normal jeans and t shirt wearin dude like the rest of us. He hangs, smokes weed and is way down to earth. I can honestly say that we made a good friend with him. And if you heard his vocals or are familiar with Glass Casket's material, he is more than capable of performing with us since he can handle the full range (lows, mids, his). People are so quick to pre judge us even before new material is out! We might be touring with other bands that aren't exactly "krieg" or "kvlt" but in no way are we compromising our music. I just want to make that clear. Peace!

christcrusher said:
And the business will continue to suck until you actually make money, if you are in it for that solely...NATE, I miss you man!!! You are an awesome guy, and I hope to see you, Lisa, and the kids sometime in the future. I will be out there sometime visiting Dee, so maybe we can chill. Take it easy, and looking forward to hearing your new band!

Meshell-
It's sooo great to hear from you again as well!!!
I'll sincerely miss all the great breakfasts, vitamins, and friendship you and your family have provided for us homeless bastards while we were in Cali!!
Tell your folks "Hi" from me and the family, and when the new band is firing on all cylinders, I'll be looking you up for a floor to crash on! :wave:
Until next time.... :headbang:

FuckYouIWantToDie said:
Nate-
looking forward to hearing your new band, I'm sure its gonna kick ass.

Losing money on tour does suck, but I am not ready to throw in the towel, I've invested way too much time into this to stop now.

Vehemence has not been a pure death metal band since TTFWIH. We never really fit in with the brutal death scene. I always thought we were a bit different. As far as the new material goes, no one has really heard it. Nate has heard one song that he actually wrote lyrics for which i thought ruled, and would be one of our best songs. It has melody, blast beats, guitar solos, tremelo picking, double bass, etc... At the core of it, it is definitely death metal.

The business definitely sucks, and that had everything to do with Nate's departure. It ain't easy being a metal band trying to "make it".

Nate era Vehemence rules. next era Vehemence is gonna rule too. Watch out!

I am certainly still down to record that particular song if you are, and if we could do it in Phoenix.
Glad y'all made it back safely, throw me a buzz sometime. :headbang:

Yeah, I have spent too much time on this band as well, and will not stop till we get on Ozzfest, and accomplishing the feat of going on international tours. First getting on MTV2 is a start, now the endorsements come rolling in, touring with bigger acts, our next album should be our best material out to date music wise, cant wait till we get the vocal department situated. This past tour taught us a lot of lessons, we should have started a street team in 2001 when our first album came out, that was the key factor that we never took the time to make a budget for. The promoters aren’t going to promote the show for you as diligent as a dedicated street team would. As a matter a fact, the first thing our label told us (Dan Fitzgerald/Prosthetic) was make a street team, the most important thing you can do. We learned everything the hard way unfortunately and maybe things could have been different if we did all the right things from the start. However, the anti religious artwork and lyrics may have not been the way to go to be the top priority band on Metal Blade Records.

Metal Blade is an independent label, they are going to baby us like Roadrunner, Epic, Warner, or Sony Records. Those are labels we hope to be on in the future when we do sense a strong popularity for our band, but as of now we see minimal promotion towards our records, we provide extra money of our own towards promotional materials, the label only helps you out a little bit and some bands hold their own very well due to their own popularity. How to gain that? mass touring or just paying for extra promotion web banners/front of magazine covers. To think that I got it all figured out right now, nah I don’t but I couldn’t have said all of this shit last year, so clearly we are still learning this business.

Seems every tour we have learned something new, but I think there is nothing more to learn as far as us setting up our own tours. We have the ample contacts now to secure good money for us with some good promoters. Everyone is anxious to see what the new stuff will sound like vocally, and you will all get to hear that, I assure you the music will include every skill you can think of. And if kids 2 step to that, that’s their thing and I personally don’t care, as long as someone’s moving. The riff on We Are All Dying, kids do that stuff to that song. Mosh, Lu Kang kick all you want, just stay the fuck away from my equipment hehe.

- Ok so we are working on a street team, and getting our merchandise selection going.

And Tattooed Sean its ok if you don’t like our band anymore, ill still talk extreme metal with ya.

But more importantly... beyond the bullshit, beyond the band... Are you guys enlightening yourselfs? Are you learning some life lessons? The nature of man, your own nature? You guys are real lucky you get to travel and meet alot of people. You guys get to do more than most people. Wisdom...