The News Thread

Their average reader seems to be a Daily Mail reader with a slightly better grasp of the English language.

I never heard of that site, so I just went to check it out. Since when is "news" just posting what people tweet on twitter?

Reactions: CiG
most news websites are liberal circlejerks (guardian? huffington? bbc? fucking vomit inducing drivel) so breitbart is a breath of fresh air to me

If you ignore the shite about feminism and whatever the guardian shits over most news sources.

Mostly i just browse tech/science sites but for news i do guardian/ft/telegraph/economist the most. Because they're all, dspite their flaws, fairly decent. Breibart sucks. You only like it because you're a fucking dummy.

If you ignore the shite about feminism and whatever the guardian shits over most news sources.

Mostly i just browse tech/science sites but for news i do guardian/ft/telegraph/economist the most. Because they're all, dspite their flaws, fairly decent. Breibart sucks. You only like it because you're a fucking dummy.
They're trash because they're sympathetic to refugees and I fucking hate that

Since it has been basically covered that most news sites are trash, does anyone know of any good ones? The only one I actually go on is sciencedaily, but I need something with a bit more scope.

They're trash because they're sympathetic to refugees and I fucking hate that

What a bullshit opinion.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...0-percent-failure-rate-dogs-countys-1-million

I get too much pleasure reading about the failure of organic farming in this anti-GMO hippie city/town/county.

While I understand the anti-GMO sentiments, I hate that there are some farmers who still arent willing to embrace the potential of genetic modification. Instead of leaving your yield up to the gods, why not take advantage of the knowledge of modern science and push the genetic code towards a more ideal end-game? The methods used employ enzymes or DNA sequences that are naturally occurring, so it isnt like there are any leftover residues or dangerous compounds contained within. It is basically just catalyzing evolution and directing it in a direction suitable for high yield farming. I think it would be more of a shame environmentally to waste farming resources because ignorant farmers want to fear scientific advancement. The use of pesticides and insecticides is another issue though.

Since it has been basically covered that most news sites are trash, does anyone know of any good ones? The only one I actually go on is sciencedaily, but I need something with a bit more scope.

Democracy Now is the best American news source. It's viewer/listener funded, so it isn't a slave to the interests of corporations. Tons of really good interviews, that vast majority of which are content driven and avoid fluff, and there's lots of great investigative journalism. It's available on Link TV and as an iTunes podcast. You should know going in that it is left leaning.

Reactions: EternalMetal
i don't read breitbart for news, i read it to feel good knowing others share the same hate as i do

also the comments sections of leftist new sites make me happy when they're full of extreme right wingers lambasting the article