The News Thread

It's going to be funny if Mitt tries to do a late entry and merely fragments the also ran field further. Or if the establishment has to back Cruz. Pretty much anything that happens at this point is hilarious.

Republicans are screwed and its their own fault for bowing to the lunatic fringe and letting imbeciles like Cruz and Carson into the race. A moderate like Kasich could probably beat Hillary. Rubio is too stupid.

Hillary wins Democratic nomination. Brokered Republican convention. Party backs Rubio. Trump runs independent. Bloomberg throws his hat in the race. Four-way general election.

WWE moderates debates. Cage-fight, tag team, ladder-match, Hillary and Bloomberg v. Rubio and Trump. Winning team then faces sudden death. First to escape the cage wins the presidency. Sanders comes in mid-match and whacks the two billionaires on both teams with a metal chair. Rubio and Clinton ascend ladder from opposite sides. Sanders knocks down ladder and breaks his hip. All parties unconscious, Stone Cold makes a surprise and triumphant return, winning the presidency and announces Dale Earnhardt Jr as his VP.

TRUMP HEALTH CARE REFORM

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
  2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.
  3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system.

click the link to read full article
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

TRUMP TAX REFORM
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

NEW INCOME TAX BRACKETS
< $25k 0%
< $50k 10%
< $150k 20%
> $150k 25%

3. No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.

4. No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family, not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it.

IN CONCLUSION: Trump = optional health insurance with no penalty for not having it, AND lower taxes for the middle class. Both mean MORE MONEY FOR AUG (and most likely you too). Why the fuck wouldn't you vote for these reforms?

Last edited:
Hillary wins Democratic nomination. Brokered Republican convention. Party backs Rubio. Trump runs independent. Bloomberg throws his hat in the race. Four-way general election.

Isn't it too late for an independent to join the race I was talking to my dad about this and he said that it wouldn't be possible for Bloomberg to join this late but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Isn't it too late for an independent to join the race I was talking to my dad about this and he said that it wouldn't be possible for Bloomberg to join this late but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

With the likely prospect of a brokered convention (I see at least Cruz and Rubio hanging this out to the end, and quite possibly Kasich and Carson-nap-man as well) and the inevitable fact that Trump will run independent if the Republican establishment turn him down (which they will, if they have any sense)? I say no. We're in interesting times.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/431752/noncitizen-voting-case-doj-rebuked

It was clear that this hearing did not go the way the plaintiffs’ lawyers and DOJ had tried to arrange it to go. They thought the fix was in. In fact, it went so badly, particularly with DOJ being called on the carpet by Judge Leon, that at the end when the plaintiffs’ lawyer got up to try to repair all the holes that Kobach had knocked in their case, the lawyer tried to compare the EAC action to Nazi Germany. He waved the EAC opinion at issue in the air and said “this is what Nazis do behind closed doors!” You know a lawyer is desperate when he tries to equate a dispute over an election administration issue to Nazi Germany.

Judge Leon ended the hearing by saying that he would announce his decision on the TRO on Tuesday. With regard to the PI, he set a hearing date for March 9, and left the record open for supplemental pleadings to be filed. He also told the lawyers that they could file requests for limited discovery if they felt it was needed. DOJ will probably try to avoid that; I am sure they don’t want any discovery that could lead to more information being disclosed about their interference in the internal workings of what is supposed to be an independent, bi-partisan agency — the EAC.

lulz at the no fucking shame DoJ. Gonna Godwin it in court. I'm sure the Huffpost is in an uproar about this if they bothered to cover it at all. Someone buy that judge a beer.

TRUMP TAX REFORM
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

NEW INCOME TAX BRACKETS
< $25k 0%
< $50k 10%
< $150k 20%
> $150k 25%

IN CONCLUSION: Trump = optional health insurance with no penalty for not having it, AND lower taxes for the middle class. Both mean MORE MONEY FOR AUG (and most likely you too). Why the fuck wouldn't you vote for these reforms?

This would be a tax increase for me.