The News Thread

@The Ozzman
1. Trump doesn't know the first thing about how to run a country, and he doesn't know the first thing about policy or international relations and has not cared to learn either.

Hillary's record of running anything is leaking state secrets and bombing Africans, Asians, and Pan-Eurasians. I'd lean towards the unknown, it can't be worse.

2. Hillary did not run an entire campaign by fueling the hatred of the ignorant masses towards immigrants.

Instead, fueling hatred of middle Americans.

3. She's not a misogynist talking publicly about it being cool to grab and kiss women against their will.

Well obviously she doesn't hate women, she is one. Also, objectification isn't "hate".

4. She hasn't made a career out of stiffing contractors and ruining middle class businesses by refusing to pay them for the work they did.

Yeah she has. It's called globalization. Plus she has made a partial career out of shutting down the women her husband has raped/taken advantage of.

5. She doesn't appear to have the temperament of a 6 year old and isn't scaring the shit out of world leaders in the world talking about breaking alliances and leaving nukes on the table for every deal.

"Can't we just drone him?"

I'm not voting for Trump, but your points are all invalid. This election is a shitshow.

He's literally unqualified to be president. Clinton is. So was Cruz. So was Kaisch. So was Sanders. They understand what the job entails and have the experience in the field to take on the job.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

None of your listed fucking idiots are qualified.

Globalization is a good thing. Fuck entitled Americans that feel they deserve a cushy government-protected/subsidized job just because they were born here.

Hillary's record of running anything is leaking state secrets and bombing Africans, Asians, and Pan-Eurasians. I'd lean towards the unknown, it can't be worse.

Appeal to ignorance. Great first contribution to the conversation.

Also, it's a weak argument, since it's assuming that someone who has no experience in the field is somehow gonna do well at the most difficult position within the field.

Instead, fueling hatred of middle Americans.

Yes, she's fueling hatred of her core supporters. Do you even think about what you say before you say it?

Yeah she has. It's called globalization.

This seems like more weak equivocation on yor part. How does Clinton's support of globalization equate to not paying workers for the work they did?

"Can't we just drone him?"

More simple-minded equivocation on your part. Drones are despicable, you'll get no disagreement from me there, but comparing them to nukes is just asinine.

I'm not voting for Trump, but your points are all invalid. This election is a shitshow.

And to top it off, the king of logic doesn't know the validity/soundness distinction?

None of your listed fucking idiots are qualified.

I'm sorry they didn't meet your criteria for a qualified president. I imagine no one would but yourself.

Is there actual evidence that Hillary Clinton said that she wanted to drone strike Julian Assange? That seems to be just hearsay.

I don't know why Trump gets shit on for wanting to give South Korea and Japan nukes when Bill Clinton basically set up North Korea to have them.

She could just has easily have said that it never happened. It's not really valid material for a discussion that's supposed to be based on facts.

While I wouldn't be surprised if they did plan to do this at some point, there is no evidence to support the claim and no evidence to support it being about him targeting her even if it did happen. There's nothing about Assange that makes him implicitly without bias or removes the requirement for him to provide evidence.

She could just has easily have said that it never happened. It's not really valid material for a discussion that's supposed to be based on facts.

While I wouldn't be surprised if they did plan to do this at some point, there is no evidence to support the claim and no evidence to support it being about him targeting her even if it did happen. There's nothing about Assange that makes him implicitly without bias or removes the requirement for him to provide evidence.

It doesn't matter if she wanted to drone Assange. Libya etc are all on her. She loves her some bombing campaigns.

Appeal to ignorance. Great first contribution to the conversation.

Also, it's a weak argument, since it's assuming that someone who has no experience in the field is somehow gonna do well at the most difficult position within the field.

By definition then you'd also be arguing from ignorance. You make me lol.

Yes, she's fueling hatred of her core supporters. Do you even think about what you say before you say it?

Her core supporters are middle Americans? I guess that's why electoral maps of middle America look like this:

Electoral_Map_DNC_2016_rtr_img.jpg

(btw that's from an article from yesterday)

This seems like more weak equivocation on yor part. How does Clinton's support of globalization equate to not paying workers for the work they did?

Depression of wages from the offshoring of jobs and illegal immigration. It's simple supply and demand, not rocket science.

More simple-minded equivocation on your part. Drones are despicable, you'll get no disagreement from me there, but comparing them to nukes is just asinine.

Carpet bombing did far more damage in both material and human tolls to Japan than the nukes did, but no one mentions that. Drones get used, nukes do not. Also, it must be looked at who did Trump support getting nuke access? I'm not saying nuclear proliferation is a good thing, but it's not exactly cutting edge at this point, and MAD is a real thing that has pragmatically worked.

And to top it off, the king of logic doesn't know the validity/soundness distinction?

I think they are technically invalid but that requires a long drawn out argument about implicit structure I don't feel like dealing with. Hey, you have a sort of-fair point for once. I was speaking colloquially. They are unsound. Happy?

I'm sorry they didn't meet your criteria for a qualified president. I imagine no one would but yourself.

Hell no. I don't have the requisite level of narcissism to desire that level of pressure.

I'm actually surprised you didn't post in support of Trump's recorded comments the moment the story broke tbh
Actually yea it makes me like him even more, wish I could roll with him and smash poon together

I just want it to be over. People complained over here when the Prime Minister called an early election and we had to suffer through almost 3 months of them campaigning. We've had 18 fucking months or more of Trumpet and Killary and that's enough now. My only hope is that we see some sort of total Trump public meltdown before the election where he calls Hillary a slut and his supporters brain dead idiots before shooting several of his staff and then himself.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
It doesn't matter if she wanted to drone Assange. Libya etc are all on her. She loves her some bombing campaigns.

If it doesn't matter, why did you use it to defend your point?

Bringing something up to support an argument or opinion and then calling it irrelevant when someone highlights that it is a statement made without evidence is a poor way to justify your point.

I'm personally against drone strikes, but I also know how to spot bullshit inserted into a discussion like you've done with your comment regarding an allegation made with zero evidence.

Like you, I support neither candidate. If you want to talk about why Hillary is bad, stick to the ample facts at your disposal instead of adding additional unsupported claims into the mix.

If it doesn't matter, why did you use it to defend your point?

Bringing something up to support an argument or opinion and then calling it irrelevant when someone highlights that it is a statement made without evidence is a poor way to justify your point.

I'm personally against drone strikes, but I also know how to spot bullshit inserted into a discussion like you've done with your comment regarding an allegation made with zero evidence.

Like you, I support neither candidate. If you want to talk about why Hillary is bad, stick to the ample facts at your disposal instead of adding additional unsupported claims into the mix.

I mentioned it because it's possible she said this, and the rest of her FP "chops" are based on this orientation. It may or may not be true but it's certainly believable. I could have just spammed the thread with details about the the middle east and north Africa debacle, proportion, but I already did this years ago when Libya was a current event and no one cared (and I'm not talking about Benghazi).

I'm all for exposing the failures of both candidates. Donald Trump makes his hard to miss. If you have stuff about Hillary Clinton that's worth seeing, that should be posted instead of things like that comment which is almost too convenient to actually be real. If Assange is half as good at what he does as he purports himslf to be, he wouldn't have just learned about it right before a scheduled appearance and no-showed at the last moment. This is also far from the first time that he's made a claim that seems designed to get attention for what he's doing.

Here's a Wikileaks bit that isn't fake:

This memo is intended to outline the strategy and goals a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign would have regarding the 2016 Republican presidential field. Clearly most of what is contained in this memo is work the DNC is already doing. This exercise is intended to put those ideas to paper.

Our Goals & Strategy

Our hope is that the goal of a potential HRC campaign and the DNC would be one-in-the-same: to make whomever the Republicans nominate unpalatable to a majority of the electorate. We have outlined three strategies to obtain our goal:
1) Force all Republican candidates to lock themselves into extreme conservative positions that will hurt them in a general election;
2) Undermine any credibility/trust Republican presidential candidates have to make inroads to our coalition or independents;
3) Muddy the waters on any potential attack lodged against HRC.

Operationalizing the Strategy

Pied Piper Candidates

There are two ways to approach the strategies mentioned above. The first is to use the field as a whole to inflict damage on itself similar to what happened to Mitt Romney in 2012. The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more “Pied Piper” candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party. Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to

• Ted Cruz
Donald Trump
• Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to them seriously.

If Donald Trump by some miracle wins, Democrats can thank themselves for pushing a self-admitted right-wing extremist to victory.